Thursday, August 24, 2023

Class of 2023

Yes, I am still working on graduation cards!  This one is for a young man from our church who actually graduated back in the spring, but he was away working at a camp all summer so his family waited until he came home to have his party.  A couple month ago, I watched this tutorial by Jennifer McQuire and fell in LOVE!  I thought the money idea was just too brilliant.  So, I made a card that was very similar to Jennifer's (I have yet to post it--it will be coming soon!) for a different graduation and for this card, I gave it my own little twist!  Right now, it looks like any normal graduation card:
But, the fun part is that you can insert money (if you are gifting money--and what grad doesn't love money as a gift!?) and it becomes part of the design!!  So fun!!  And it totally had me wondering "How did she DO that?".  I'm pretty sure the recipient will be wondering that, too.  Until . . .
When you open it up, there is a little pocket to hold the money, and it is quite easy to just pull right out. I added some acetate to the back of the front panel to make it so the money won't catch on any edges. I just love it!

 It was a little time consuming, because I had to die cut the numbers through so many layers: the card base, the background paper, the kraft mat and the patterned paper layer.  But it was worth it.

Supplies:
Dies: MFT "Iconic Grad"; Papertrey Ink "Wonderful Words: Congrats" and "By the Numbers"; Verve star cluster

Challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs--sentiment AND/OR dies only OR the birds and the bees (I used sentiment AND die cuts only)
Penny's Challenge #553--anything goes












Krafty Chicks #678--all occasions


5 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a clever design! Sounds like it took a little time to get it done, but will certainly be appreciated (especially with the cash inside!) Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Donna W. said...

That is so cool. I had to take a closer look to see the money through the number window. Great grad card.

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a wonderful way to gift some cash to any new graduate. Love the use of the handwriting paper as the background. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sarn said...

Brilliant card. JM is full of inspiration isn’t she?! X