Saturday, April 1, 2023

Fun Fold Birthday Card

 Hello, everyone!  I have more exciting news: I have been asked to become part of the Design Team for Critter Crazy Challenges!!  Such an honor!!  It is a monthly challenge and every month the theme is always: Anything Goes featuring a creature.  Nice and easy!

And here is my card:
I made this for my oldest daughter's birthday last weekend.  It is a fun "Never-ending card".  I used this tutorial here.  She has a stripey orange cat and I have an orange stripey cat, so I "needed" to make her card loaded with orange stripey kitties!  For the "front" of the card, I used one of the kitties and some die cut balloons along with a die cut sentiment.  As you open it to the next panel, there are more sentiments and lots of orange kitties!!
Opening to the next panel, we have more kitties, a balloon, and the die cut age.
The final panel has another sentiment and a section where I wrote a message to my daughter.  The pattern was a little busy for the sentiment and the message, so I toned them down a little by adding a piece of vellum to each.
This card is really so fun!  So much so, that my Mom, who was there when my daughter opened it, requested one for her birthday!  She said she didn't care what was on it, she just wanted one with this fold.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Head over to the Crazy Critter blog for all the details and to see the rest of the creations from the design team.

Supplies:
Panel one:
Stamps: MFT "Cat-astrophe"
Dies: MFT "In Stitches Alphabet" and balloons; Papertrey Ink numbers border die

Panel two:
Stamps: MFT "Cat-astrophe"; Papertrey Ink "Perfect Pairs: Commodities"
Dies: Papertrey Ink "Perfect Pairs: Commodities"

Panel Three:
Stamps: MFT "Cat-astrophe"
Dies: MFT balloons; Papertrey Ink "By the Numbers"

Panel Four:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink birthday sentiment (I couldn't find it in the store)

Challenges:
Cutie Pie--beginning with "B" (birthday, B die, balloons, ball of yarn)
Double Trouble #134--PAWsome pets (Thing #1: pups and/or kittens; Thing #3: pun fun--sentiment on panel 2; Thing #2: play along with Use Your Stuff Challenge--I missed the deadline!)
Fab n' Funky #569--lots of layers
As You Like It--People or critters (I do like both, actually, but I would probably opt for animals more often.  They are super cute and you don't have to color them as realistic all the time.)
Creative Fingers--anything goes
Creative Creases Challenge--anything goes with a fun fold
Word Art Wednesday #589--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Paper Shelter #547--for a child (she is technically a teen, but still a child)
Penny's Challenge #543--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #657--anything goes
Di's Digi Designs--things with wings and/or tails




16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Chris said...

Fabulous design- it looks very complicated! Beautiful papers and cute stamps. It's a great start for your new DT post- hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky- plenty of lovely layers here!
Chris
x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Great card Heather, love all those folds and surprises on your card, adorable kitties too! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Melanie R said...

Such a fun card, Heather! The images are so cute and perfectly coordinated with the pretty papers. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble #134. -- Melanie R.

Brenda said...

This is such a great fold and your decorations are just perfect, Heather. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a fun layout, Heather. I love this sweet card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always so appreciated and I hope that you'll stop by to share with us again soon.
Karen

Debbie Mageed said...

What a cute fun fold card, Heather! I love the neverending design and appreciate the link to the tutorial. May have to try one soon! Your kitties are adorable and love the papers you used. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Lori Podolsky said...

What a fabulous and creative card, Heather. hank you for sharing your wonderful card with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again. Lori-DT

Kellianne said...

Heather, this is absolutely darling! What a fun creative fold! That's so sweet that your mom requested one for her birthday too. Love that kind of hand made card success. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, Heather, this is adorbs! I made a never ending card long time ago and it was hard! The person who received it didn't know what to do with it...lol! Your daughter will love it AND congrats on your new gig. Thanks for entering the Creative Creases Challenge.
Karen, DT

Julie Reed said...

Great card, love the folds, thanks for sharing with us this week at The Paper Shelter.
Julie DT

Vic said...

Wow! This is like 4 cards in one.. I love it, it's so clever. The sentiment is purrfect too. I haven't made one of these before, but I am tempted.. looks like it could take a while though! Thanks for sharing this in our challenge at Pattie's Creations - Vic, D.T x

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful never-ending card! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Julia said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your forever ending fun fold with all the little kitties and pretty design papers with each fold. I made a forever ending the other day as far as the card base but haven't decided what to use as my papers and images... you have inspired me to pick it up again and finish it. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Andriana Rob said...

I'm a big reader of your blog and today I want to share my life experience with a loan lender that help me throughout the time of pandemics Covid-19 when everything was falling piece for me and my business, but when I write Mr. Pedro a loan officer email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com, he advises on the current loan program that is available for someone like me on my situation then I proceed then after 3 days of the process I received my loan in my bank and today my business is going well and the loan repayment is 5 years of 2% rate and the loan amount that I received is 83,000. Euro. Mr. Pedro can help with any kind of loan or investment loan at a very low rate and a flexible repayment. WhatsApp Contact: +1-510-854-9661

Thank you once again, you make everything looks beautiful in your blog.
Andriana Rob
Reading from Greece.