Friday, April 7, 2023

70th Birthday

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Something Beginning with "B"

Here is my card for your inspiration:
My "B" items are Blue, Birthday and Bible Verse.
My father is turning 70 this weekend.  Wow, it's so hard to believe that can be true!  This is the card I made for him.  The background panel was for a card I had made (for him) several years ago, and when I got all done with the background, I realized I had stamped it upside down!!  So, it had to be set aside and has been siting in my bits and pieces stash all this time!  The bit of blue ribbon underneath the sentiment panel was a small scrap I came across as I was looking for a different ribbon and it fit the color scheme perfectly.  I layered some kraft ribbon on top to give a little contrast and pull in some colors other than blue.  It was quite funny: I was looking for a small, rather plain script birthday sentiment to finish off the bottom of the sentiment panel and as I was stamping it, I realized it was from the same set that the neckties came from!  I guess they were definitely meant to be together!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "World's Greatest"; Verve "Jeremiah 17:7" plain jane
Dies: Papertrey Ink "By the Numbers" border die (I used it for the individual numbers); MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Retro Rubber #203--Happy Birthday (I have had both stamp sets longer than I can remember; the "World's Greatest" set I have had for at least 5 or 6 years, but probably much longer and the Verve set I have had for probably 12 years!  Both are still good to go)













Word Art Wednesday #590--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Snippets Playground #451--anything goes with snippets
Cardz 4 Guyz #319--numbered birthday
Cards Galore #110--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--die cuts
Sheepski Designs #73--die cuts & punches
Penny's Challenge #543--anything goes

16 comments:

Sarn said...

A great card using the sketch and your snippets.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Right, I’m after you . . . nearly caught you and tagged you! LOL! x

Chris said...

This is a beautiful card for your father- lovey papers, colours and verse and great use of your chosen sketch. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Heather said...

Oh gorgeous - what a perfect sentiment for a birthday man! Love these colors so much! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, your "Batted" a home run with your "B" challenge using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! I really like how you used different shades of blue to pull the card together!! Thank you for sharing, and please wish your father happy birthday from our TSOT Design Team!!! -Donna

Polly said...

What a beautiful card! Love the verse and the stamped tie images in the background are too cute! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Heather. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again soon. It means so much to me that you share your wonderful art with us.

dj said...

Fantastic!! I love this verse stamp...I went right away to order it and it is no longer available or at least I couldn't find it...bummer!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "numbered birthday" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed the masculine element of this challenge with that tie stamped background & verse!!
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G319

Di said...

What a great card Heather - hope your Dad has a super birthday'

Hugs
Di xx

Dena J said...

Marvelous sentiment and such a perfect card for a special birthday guy. Thank you so much for sharing, Heather, at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

CA Scrapper said...

Your father will love that card, it's beautiful!

Leslie

Renske Wishes You said...

Great card. Love all things match together. Thank you for joining us at the Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

Crafty hugs, Renske Penny's DT

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Great take on the sketch and I love the pretty color combo!! I love this card!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda

ScrappyHorses said...

Wonderful card full of "B's"! Wonderful colors and embellishments!

Cazro said...

Your card is perfect for the sketch and suitable for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Sue Jackson said...

What a beautiful sentiment on a gorgeous birthday card. I am sure this 70 year-old guy will enjoy the card. Thank you for joining the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Beautiful card for your father - he will love it!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara