Friday, November 18, 2022

Let's get together

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: COFFEE


And our fabulous sponsor is:
STAMPlorations

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Oh, boy, did I have fun with this one!!  If you read my last post, you will know that I don't drink coffee.  I LOVE the smell, but do not like the taste at all.  But I know a lot of, what I call, coffee addicts so it's always fun to make a coffee themed card.  I started with this fabulous "Sketched Coffee Cup" from Stamplorations (it's a digital image) and printed it out twice on white card stock, once on my patterned paper and a partial image on the kraft "sleeve".  I fussy cut one of the white images to use as the base, then fussy cut the patterned paper and adhered it to the base.  I fussy cut just the lid of the second white image and added a little shading with a gray marker then adhered it to the top.  I fussy cut the kraft "sleeve" and then ran it through my die cutting machine with a corrugated embossing folder.  I die cut the word "coffee" from brown card stock three times and adhered them all together, then adhered it onto the coffee cup.  The dimension on this is fabulous!!  The patterned paper background and the dotted strip are both cut and pieced together behind the main panel, but no one (except you) will ever know!  Both leaves were in my bits and pieces stash and the smaller patterned paper pieces were scraps.  My sentiment was pieced together from two different sentiment and part of the second was masked off to get the final sentiment.  Using the MISTI makes it so much easier, though I did have to fiddle around for a bit to get the two lined up correctly.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Sketched Coffee Cup" digi; Papertrey Ink "Heart to Heart #1" sentiments
Dies: Papertrey Ink large maple leaf; MFT small leaf; Verve "Coffee"

Challenges:
Snippets Playground #441--anything goes with snippets













Double Trouble #125A--De-Ja Brew (Thing #1: Coffee/tea/cocoa)
Double D--Hot Beverage













Cards Galore--anything goes
Crafter's Cafe #29--dies or punches
Paper Funday #47--anything goes with the optional twist: colors of fall
Dare 2B Artzy--non-birthday
Word Art Wednesday #570--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Incy Wincy--give thanks OR encourage a friend


16 comments:

Treva said...

Nice card, it screams Fall; like the papers and the dies that you used. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Awesome card, I love the paper piecing and the script for your "coffee" die. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

Donna Walls said...

This lovely card would make any Coffee, Tea or Hot Cocoa drinker happy! Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Sarn said...

What a fab coffee-themed card in lovely autumnal colours. Great use of your snippets.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. After you've finished playing Hopscotch with your pals, please come up to the Treehouse for a hot chocolate! x

Dena J said...

I'm one of those coffee addicts! I love this image and all the papers you chose are perfect for a warming autumn card. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Tracy F said...

What a great card! Love the coffee cup image and all the fall papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketces.

Di said...

And anther terrific Coffee themed Snippet card Heather! It's gorgeous. And so funny, I don't much like the smell but do love the taste - once I get past the smell of coffee. Each to their own I guess.. Regardless - you smashed it with this card!

Hugs, Di xx

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so gorgeous. I love all the different layers. Just beautiful.

Have a good weekend.
Leslie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great job with piecing and dimension with your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW".

Leslie Miller said...

I love love the paper you used. Your cup turned out so cute and the sentiment die is perfect for sure. Any of your coffee loving friends would enjoy receiving this. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

Brandi said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love leaves and the variation in colour, the grid paper behind and the patterned paper you used for the cup, so awesome! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a great paper pieced card! Wonderful fall patterns, dies and colors! Perfect fall card! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anna said...

I love your card! The paper piecing and bold sentiment are really wonderful. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a fabulous card, Heather. I love the coffee image, of course. I also really like the Autumn colors you've used. It's really a warm and fun coffee card. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always beyond grateful.

papierelle said...

A beautifully designed card all about your favorite hot drink!!!
You might also want to show off your wonderful card at Day of the Month Card Club. We celebrate a specific day there every month, this month National Espresso Day. But every coffee drink can be shown!!!
https://dayofthemonthcardclub.blogspot.com/2022/11/45-national-espresso-day.html

Gerda said...

This card is beautiful!! Love all the papers you used and fabulous card design!! LOVE it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda