Friday, November 4, 2022

Fall Thanks

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Thanks/Thanksgiving


And our fabulous sponsor is:
Lawn Fawn


Here is my card for your inspiration:
You know that feeling when you create a card you are really happy with and it happened pretty much by accident?  Yep, I have that feeling with this card.  The leaf (already inked), the sentiment banner, the glittery "thanks" and the focal circle were all sitting on my desk in my bits and pieces stash.  I had a sketch in mind for my card and all of these pieces fit it just perfectly!!  The two rectangular pieces of patterned paper I didn't even have to cut, except trimming the top 1/2" off the gnome paper.  They were already perfect!  And I used scraps for the little banners on the left and the coffee mug.  I did have one little goof that has added one piece back into my bits and pieces stash, unfortunately.  I wanted to add some dimension to the "thanks" die cut, so I cut three more out of scrap white card stock, adhered them all together and went to adhere the gold sparkly piece on top when I realized they were not cut with the same die! Then I realized that I must have borrowed the original die from my mother-in-law.  Thankfully, I had several more of the gold sparkly die cuts and I adhered a couple of them together to achieve the dimension I wanted.
Another funny story about this card:  I DO NOT drink coffee, ever!!  Well, I went out with my friend the day I made this card and I decided "hmmm . . . that caramel apple latte sounds really good; I'll give it a try."  Well, that was a mistake!!  My stomach roiled and rumbled ALL day!!  Apparently, if you don't drink coffee it does something will all the acids in your stomach.  I most likely will not be trying that again!  I think I'll probably send this card to that friend and hope she enjoys a laugh out of it.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn "Thanks a Latte" mug and sentiment
Dies: Lawn Fawn "Double Slider Surprise" sentiment banner; MFT "Blueprints 13" smaller banner; PTI maple leaf; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; and Verve "Flag It" larger flag banner

Challenges:
Snippets Playground #440--anything goes (with snippets of course) with the optional twist: autumn/halloween


























Double Trouble #124--SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing (Thing #1: anything goes, Thing #3: play with past partners--I played with Atlantic Hearts and Cupcake Inspirations)
Die Cut Divas--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #68--gems, glitter, sparkle
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--thanks/thanksgiving
Creative Knockouts #477--lots of layers

19 comments:

Treva said...

Really cute card, it just flows perfectly! I never drank coffee either until my daughter went away to college and came back drinking coffee!

CA Scrapper said...

I love your beautiful fall card!

Have a good weekend.
Leslie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, so perfect to find so much of your card in stash right next to you... I wish I was so lucky when I did the AHSC sketch. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch challenge and combination of patterned papers are excellent. This was a fun sketch to play with and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and AHSC.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Heather. I always enjoy your wonderful art. This card would be perfect for the challenge at The Card Concept. I hope you'll stop by to play along. Here's the link:
https://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/
Blessings,
Karen

Sarn said...

Lovely autumnal card. Great layout. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and for using the optional theme. xxx

Dena J said...

Oh, Heather, you put all those elements together brilliantly! My favorite color palette. I had to laugh because I drink gallons of coffee but always black. If I put any dairy in it...well, the tummy does rumble. Thank you for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Allisa said...

Gorgeous fall creation! Love the great mix of colors. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE the colors of this card!! Fabulous design!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!!

Nora
DT CIC

Di said...

What a great card - just perfect for Autumn/Fall. And i agree - you're right to be so pleased with the result!

Hugs

Di xx

Brandi said...

What a fabulous card, I love the papers and the coffee cup is adorable. Love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

What a beautiful fall card. I love the background patterned paper as well as the pattern on the mug. They really make the whole ting work together. Great work! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Leanne said...

Great job, love the coffee cup the colors are wonderful. Thank you for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Kellianne said...

Your card uses that sketch perfectly! I love the gold thanks and how the "a latte" is on a banner below it. Darling Fall card! Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble :)

Helen said...

Great card - love your layout and the paper piecing.

Thanks for joining us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
GDT

Mandy said...

Love your happy accident, there are so many thinks to like especially the little gnomes in your paper.... so cute

ScrappyHorses said...

How fun is this lovely card with the great design and festive fall colors/patterns! Wonderful!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the fabulous card design and all the gorgeous papers you used!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Nance said...

Great fall card. Glad you played with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Arlene said...

Wonderful Fall colors. What a wonderful Thank you card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.