Friday, July 15, 2022

You're so cool!

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Summer Lovin'.


And our fabulous sponsor is:


Here is my card for your inspiration:
I was watching videos from MFT Stamps and came across this really fun slider card tutorial.  Alas, the dies and images I wanted to use were too big for the technique and I went through several (and I do mean several) panels before I finally ended up with something that was somewhat similar to what I wanted.  This panel still didn't end up exactly how I wanted it, but I just couldn't bear the thought of die cutting everything again!! So, I used the heart border die and a couple of the sequins to cover up some oopsies and the recipient will probably never even notice.  In the tutorial, the original image gets hidden as you pull the slider tab and the new image just pulls into place.  But I did NOT have enough room to do that, and I think it's ok to end up seeing both images.
I finished off the inside with a birthday greeting and stamped one of the ice cream bars with a caramel ink.
I will definitely give this a try again, but pick much smaller speech bubble dies and smaller images.  Live and learn!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Your Next Stamp "Sweet & Cool" (which seems to be retired) ice cream bars and front sentiment; Lawn Fawn "Push Here"; Mama Elephant inside sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Say What" large speech bubble and "Classic Circles, large"; MFT "Smartphone" small speech bubble; PaperTrey Ink heart border

Challenges:
Cards Galore #101--anything goes
Craft Rockets #94--summertime
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #170--inspiration photo ( I used ice cream bars instead of cones, but inspired by cool tasty treats!)













Aud Sentiments #295--anything goes
Creative Fingers #235--anything goes

4 comments:

Treva said...

Love your card and I must try that slider technique; like that tasty looking ice cream bar!

Barbara Bruder said...

Such a cute and fun slider card. Love your coloring. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

In The Dark Designs said...

Bright and beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge

สล็อต พีจี said...

สล็อต พีจี มีทั้งเกมสล็อตและยิงปลา รวมแล้วมากกว่า 100 เกมให้เลือกเล่น อย่างจุใจภาพสวยและแจ็คพอตแตกง่ายที่สุด พีจี เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริง เล่นเกมสล็อต กับพีจี แจ็คพอตแตกง่ายที่สุด