Friday, July 1, 2022

Peace on Earth

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is a sketch challenge:


And our fabulous sponsor is:

Here is my card for your inspiration:
In my opinion, it is never to early to start on Christmas cards, so that's what I decided to create for this challenge.  I needed to alter my image slightly to fit the size of my oval die (the largest I have).  I masked out the sentiment first and stamped only the image with versamark ink and then heat embossed it with a sparkly gold embossing powder.  Then I die cut the image with the oval, and then I figured out the placement of the sentiment, masked off the image and stamped the sentiment and embossed it with the same embossing powder.  You can see the sparkle and shine in the photo below:
I didn't have any gold brads or enamel dots, so I decided to try a trick I've heard about before: I took some random colored brads, pressed the heads into the versamark ink pad, dipped them in the gold sparkly embossing powder and then heated it with my heat gun.  I had to do it a couple times to make sure I got a good coverage.  You can see how it turned out in the above photo--they turned out perfectly!  I added a couple die cut poinsettias and it was finished!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: DRS Designs "Three Wisemen Peace"
Dies: Spellbinders "Filigree Delights" oval and "Layered Poinsettias"

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Critter Crazy #63--anything goes
Crafty Gals #232--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #524--anything goes
Creative Fingers #234--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #187--anything goes
Use Your Stuff #451--plants/flowers (I have not used these poinsettia dies in AGES!!)
Krafty Chicks #618--anything goes

9 comments:

Treva said...

Beautiful card, love the paper and the stamp that you used.

ScrappyHorses said...

What a great way to use this sketch and stamp! Perfect Christmas card with the festive papers, poinsettia and sparkle! Also, nice to get a head start on the holidays!!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful card Heather, I love your trick to create the gold brads, they look great! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Maria Valente said...

Love the design! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.

Doris Klein said...

Amazing work..

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the pop of gold.

Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Helen x

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!!!! I love the gorgeous papers and the pretty poinsettia you used!! I love this card!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Love all the fabulous layers with the gold accents! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

A beautifully traditional feeling Christmas creation. Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog!
Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT