Thursday, February 10, 2022

Pink Christmas

 Happy Thursday!  I have the honor of being a Guest Designer for the Krafty Chicks Challenge for the month of February!  


This week, the challenge is:
Christmas

And here is my card:
Every year, I think it is such a same to throw out all the beautiful Christmas cards we receive in the mail, so I save them, thinking I will do something with them.  After a while, I decide I won't and I throw them away.  Well, this year, I actually decided to recycle them.  I created a post a couple weeks ago that showed 3 cards I had created out of pieces from one commercial card.  This card was also created from a card I received (though this time, I used all the elements that could be reused).  I die cut out the sentiment and matted it on red cardstock.  I found some card stock that coordinated with colors in the trees that I fussy cut out.  To keep the background from being too plain, I embossed the pink layer with a snowflake embossing folder before adhering it to the teal card base.  The sentiment and baubles on some of the trees are glittery, so in real life this is quite sparkly and shiny with the red sparkle and the gold element.
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 12" stitched rectangle (it only has stitching on one side, so I ran it through my die cutting machine again after flipping the die around so it would have stitching on both top and bottom of my sentiment panel)
Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder

Challenges:
Sparkles Christmas challenge #133--use some gold (gold on "Merry" and on elements on the trees)
Die Cut Divas--angle it
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Christmas Kickstart #59--sentiment takes center stage
Peace On Earth #9--anything Christmas goes with the optional challenge of this mood board (I used the color pink and Christmas trees)




14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot.Great crad and recycling love all the trees. I used to save ours and make Christmas tags but not done that for a while
Carol x

Diane said...

Beautifully created with your recycles, I save mine too but for tags mostly! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done, and it is such a great idea to recycle the received cards. Thanks for joining in the fun with us this February at Die Cut Divas.

Darlene said...

I too hate to throw away cards I receive in the mail, so what I can't share with my church and grandkids, I upcycle. You've done a fabulous job on today's project! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Michelle N. said...

Great way to reduce, reuse, and recycle-this card is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Chris said...

Congrats on your GDT spot. Your Christmas card looks fabulous- great recycling- we all need to be more aware of what we throw away.
thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

Heather said...

Love this, Heather! What a great upcycling job, too, lol - brava for that, too! Love your tree arrangement, and that lovely sentiment, so fun! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Ufa88kh said...

The presentation of the article is very good, every word written has a meaning and is very useful for the readers. I hope that you can write useful articles for readers like this, we also have several articles that are also interesting to read.
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
កាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ

Lia said...

You did a great job! I like the embosst background!
Lia DT PoE

Leanne said...

Such a great card, I like the trees and the embossing you did as well, wonderful job. Happy Crafting! L:)

Arlene said...

Well done on recycling and making a lovely card. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas for our February challenge to "Angle It".

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh this is lovely Heather! Awesome recycling!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you join us again this time around!

Jen W. said...

I used to do the same - hold onto cards forever with grand plans of recycling them only to eventually toss them. Glad you went for it this year. I love all those happy trees and the sparkle on the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart Challenge!