Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Elephant Birthday



Happy February!!  I have the privilege of being the Guest Designer for Critter Crazy challenge for the month of February!  I'm so excited and so honored to have been asked.  As always, the challenge for the month is Anything Goes as long as you feature a critter.  Here is my card:

This is the final card in a set I have been making with a One-sheet Wonder template.  One-sheet wonders use an entire sheet of patterned paper to create a group of cards.  This particular one I used makes 12 to14 cards, I believe.  If you would like to see the rest of them, you can go here, here, here, here, and here.  For this card, I added a small scalloped border, a vellum die cut circle, and some blue rhinestones.  The photo below shows the card and three tiny little pieces of patterned paper that were left over after making all the cards!  And the only reason they are left is because I trimmed them off to make some of the paper fit my layouts better.  Otherwise, I used an entire piece of 12 x 12 patterned paper on this set.

Please head over to the Critter Crazy blog to see what the team has created and for the full details of the challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Adorable Elephants" image and sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; MFT "Stitched Scallop Trio"

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
C.R.A.F.T. #624--anything goes
As You Like It--favorite coloring medium (I love using my Spectrum Noir markers--the blending is fabulous!)
Krafty Chicks #596--all occasions
Crafty Catz #580--anything goes with the optional twist: add flowers (I have flowers on my patterned paper)
A Gem of a  Challenge--anything goes




6 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Super cute card, Love the sweet little elephant. Like the vellum circle.Have a great week!
cindys-greencricut

tilly said...

this is beautiful with the vellum overlay, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

Melanie Hungerford said...

Hi Heather, love the cute little elephant, that little bit of vellum really makes him stand out. Thanks for playing along this week at Krafty Chicks!

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot,love the cute little elephant
Carol x

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous design, I love the vellum mat!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the design and paper with the scallop border. The addition of the vellum shows up the delightful elephant so well. I'm really happy you chose to join us, being our GDT, this month Heather.
Faith DT Critter Crazy