Saturday, May 29, 2021

Who's Turning . . .

It's Saturday!!  That means it's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
The challenge this time is: Show Sparkle
And here is my card for your inspiration:
I didn't feel like coloring today (sometimes it just seems to take so long!), so I decided to do some paper piecing on my cute little critters.  After taking the time to print it out and then print it out two more times (and then another time because I missed on of their little paws), fussy cut all the critters and did some shading, I SHOULD HAVE just colored the image--it would have taken much less time!  But, oh well, the look super cute like this and I think it's really fun how they turned out.  I added some copper glitter paper for a mat and the die cut #2, then added some nuvo gold glitter pen to the little banners for my sparkle.  After I stamped my sentiment, the left corner looked a little bare, so I die cut  some little glittery stars and they seemed to finish it off perfectly!

I hope you will get a chance to play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.  And make sure you hop over to the Di's Digital Designs blog to see what the rest of the team has made for this challenge.

Supplies: 
Stamps: Di's Digi Stamps "Jungle Shelf" digi; PaperTrey Ink "Big Birthday Wishes"
Dies: PaperTrey Ink number border die

Challenges: 
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Sweet Stampers #56--animals, critters or birds
Try Stampin' On Tuesday #507--sketch AND/OR a see through section (I used the sketch)









Creative Moments #215--anything goes
ART Impressions--birthday
Aud Sentiments #275--for the girls
Cardz TV #141--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Use Your Stuff #423--tic tac toe (I used the bottom row: paper piecing/shiny or sparkly/purple)













Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #688--anything goes with the optional twist: critters
Krafty Chicks #561--all occasions
Creative Fingers #209--anything goes





14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card and love the paper pieced images
Carol x

Crea Astrid said...

Wat en mooie kaart met deze schattige digi. Leuk gedan zo met het paper piecing.

Lieve groetjes, Astrid xXx

Alyson Mayo said...

Those critters are so sweet! Love your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Heather said...

The critters came out perfect, Heather! So fun to see just a touch of pattern on them - great paper choices! Very sweet card! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, love your sweet card! Perfect little critters for a 2-yr old! Paper piecing can be fun, but I agree, not necessarily a "quick" technique. The extra time you took, made for a perfect card though! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for our sketch challenge!!! -Donna

R's Rue said...

So cute
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Nelly said...

adorably cute! ...thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge, Nelly DT x

Billie A said...

Oh so cute. Cute images and perfect for the two yr. old. Love your card. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments, Crafty Sentiments.

missgailly said...

How sweet is this card! Perfect for a little 2 year old. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

Tammy L said...

This card is so soft, delicate and adorable! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
Tammy DT

crafty said...

A lovely creation. Thank you for joining in the 'for the girls' challenge at Aud Sentiments.
Mary

Maria Valente said...

Fabulous project! Thanks for sharing at Creative Moments.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

I never think to paper piece my images and I love that you made the effort. The cooper glitter accent is perfect to introduce a 2 year old to the world of bling and shine! Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - DT

Helen said...

Looks great and very effective.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x