Saturday, May 8, 2021

Unforgettable

 I think I have loved almost every single set released by Birdie Brown and My Favorite Things Stamps.  This "Adorable Elephants" set is no exception!!  I actually went into my stash of Never Used stamp sets looking for something "pretty" and "flowery" to make a Mother's Day card for my mom, but one of the very first sets I came across was the elephants and there was no more looking!!!  In the past week, I have posted two cards using this same paper/color combo, so why not one more?!!  It's so pretty and fresh, and the papers were already on my work desk, so . . . You can find the other cards here and here.  So, from the previous card, I had die cut out the letters for "MOM" and I had them left over sitting on my desk.  I thought it would be really cute to pair them with this little elephant and have him holding the "O".  I gave him some little butterfly friends and stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the vertical strip of patterned paper.  I just love how it looks when a sentiment is stamped like this; it makes it a little more unique, I think.  I finished the card off with some melon colored ribbon and a bit of pale peach lace.  LOVE it!!

On the inside, I used a beautiful Mother's Day sentiment from PaperTrey Ink, and had to add another of the adorable little elephants.  This one looks like he is waving "hi", 'cause unfortunately, we live about three and a half hours away from my parents, so I won't be seeing Mom on Mother's Day.
I had a little tiny strip of patterned paper left from trimming the front panels, so I stuck it on the bottom of the panel inside to tie it together.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "BB Adorable Elephants" images and outside sentiment; Papertrey Ink "Tucked Inside: Mother" inside sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large"; MFT "Stitched Alphabet"

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #207--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #163--bright colors
Crafts Galore #87--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Stinkin' Inkers--girls just wanna have fun
Creatalicious #210--anything goes with the optional twist: things with wings (I used butterflies)
Creative Craft Cottage #140--use a ribbon and/or bow













Incy Wincy Designs--Mother's Day and/or flowers
Cupcake Inspirations #518--Mother's Day or someone special: female













Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Little Red Wagon #600--hers
Shopping Our Stash #444--I made this for you, Mom





18 comments:

anne said...

I love your card Heather and what a great idea to have your elephant holding the O.
Thank you for continuing to share your talent with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

Maria Giselle B. said...

I love Birdie Brown, too. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Mother's Day And/Or Flowers Challenge. Good luck!

The Serendipitous Art Therapist said...

This is just so cute and I really love that colour combination! Lucky mumma you have :)

Chana Malkah said...

I love the colors on this project! Beautifully crafted! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT

JanR said...

What a sweet card! Love that die cut MOM. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Joy Wilson said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Super cute Mothers Day make hun, love the MFT cutie & the colour palette you have chosen is perfect!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Incy Wincy' this fortnight
Take Care
Hugs Shell xx

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh my Heather, but this is so cute! I love everything about this card! I'm so glad you shared it with us at 2CCC, and good luck! 😊

OlgaB said...

This is beautiful! Love the colours!
Thank you for joining SSW2
Hugs from Africa
OlgaB

Anila Dikay said...

That's a very sweet card with a lovely sentiment. Thank you so much for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations challenge. Anila DT

Sladjana Perisic said...

I love this stamp set and your card is so stunning! Thanks for joining us in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge.
Donna (Dt for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Oh my goodness. This card is just so stinkin' cute. I love that you have the outline of the little elephant waving on the inside. Just so sweet.

Thanks so much for entering your project into our latest challenge over at Pattie's Creations. Good luck in the draw.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!

Kathie said...

Such a lovely Mother's Day card Heather. I love this colour combo you've used and this Elephant stamp is so darn cute. I bet your mum loved your card. I loved what you did with the wording. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Cass said...

Adorable card.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore
Encore
Challenge.

Vannessa said...

This is so cute and I love how you added the MOM to the image. Thank you so much for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again soon.

Vannessa DT

P.S. Sorry for the delay in commenting - work has been manic!

Crafts in the Command Center said...

The stamp set is adorable and I love the color combination you chose for it. Great job!! Thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Kelly Schelske said...

What a great card Heather! Love the color combo!

Thank you for using one of our sketches over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Add A Ribbon and/or Bow" Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage!