Saturday, May 1, 2021

Sea Birthday

 A new month has arrived and that means a new challenge from the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is Anything Goes.


And here is the card I created:
So, I've had this MFT set "Friends with Fins" sitting on my desk for a while since it is so adorable!  I made a card with it last week and I just had to make another one!  I just love how cute this little shark is!  I made a fun shaker card with the shaker element as a see-through element into the inside of the card.  You can see a little sneak peek in the photo below:
Here it is with the shaker elements "floating" around:
And here is the inside:
I used a stencil, a blending brush, and some Distress Oxide inks to create an ocean inside.  I used my stamp positioner to stamp the shark directly behind the shark on the outside so you have a fun little surprise when you open it up.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Head on over to the LTSCB blog to see what the rest of the team has created and to get the full details of the challenge.  Then get inky and play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Friends With Fins"; YNS "Sea Creature Sentiments"; Mama Elephant "Inside Birthday Sentiments"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle and "Blueprints 14 "Stitched Circle"
Stencil: MFT "Ocean Waves"

Challenges:













Creative Moments #213--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #273--birthday sentiment
Cut It Up #224--masculine
Cardz TV #135--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
The Paper Shelter #467--a birthday card
Penny's Challenge #495--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #557--anything goes
Crafty Catz #549--anything goes
Creative Fingers #207--anything goes



13 comments:

Cheryl said...

This little shark is adorable! I love the shaker card you created.



Cheryl (SheStamps)
Visit my blog - She Stamps

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a clever card design! I love your thought process on this and the result is "fintastic!" 😄

Thanks for sharing with us at Cut it Up for our Masculine Card challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Fiona said...

That's not something you often read - a cute shark lol! But I must admit he's not too bad - a great take on our sketch - thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful card. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Stampin by Genny said...

So clever how you combine the inside of the card with the shaker elements. Super cute shark birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Heidi said...

I love this cute card, thank you for sharing your inspiration with us! Hugs Heidi TPS DT

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic card shaker design and brilliant sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Leanne said...

Awesome card, I do like shaker cards, what a brilliant card! Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Leanne DT/KCC

Bella Création (Iza) said...

sweet card!
Thank you for participating in the "the paper Shelter" challenge, hope to see you again soon, good luck!
IZA DT

OlgaB said...

Gorgeous project!
Sorry for the late comment.
Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Saphron said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!!! I love it!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Jana Forrest said...

Heather this card is soooooo adorable. That little shark is just perfect and the inside is fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck ~dt Jana

Crafts in the Command Center said...

Super cute card! I love shaker cards and this one is great! Your DT teamie, Dorlene