Friday, April 3, 2020

World's Greatest

My dad's birthday is next week and this is the card I made for him.  I just got this stamp set a couple months ago and had to pull it out and ink it up.  My dad used to be the principal of a private, Christian school, so he wore a tie to work everyday.  Since he's been finished with the school, I'm not sure I've seen him wear a tie more than a handful of times.  But, I still couldn't resist using this set.
I used four of the tie images (I believe there are 6 patterns and one plain in the set) to create a fun background using navy blue and red inks.  After I got it all finished, I couldn't bear to cover up the background, so I created a narrow frame to house a vellum panel.  I stamped the sentiment on the vellum and finished with a die cut tie and the rest of the sentiment.  To keep the sentiment from being lost in the background, I popped the whole frame element up with some foam tape.

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "World's Greatest"
Dies: PaperTrey Ink coordinating tie; MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle; Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A"

Challenges:
Make My Monday #119--make your own background paper
Crafter's Cafe #239--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--happy birthday
MFT Stamps #483--sketch

Craft's Galore #74--anything goes
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #45--anything goes
Crafty Creations #408--anything goes
Creative Crafting Uncles #3--birthdays
Cute Card Thursday #628--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #248--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #501--stamp act

11 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A super male card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Great idea for a background! Good job! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Alex said...

Wow... stunning! Love the colors you combined!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings and stay healthy
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#03 – Birthday}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#40 –rocker cards}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#40 – Packing}
*GDT* Cards und More {#46 – Moodboard}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great Father's Day card! Love how you used the tie here. Thank you for playing with us at the Make My Monday Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card and love the use of vellum with the sentiment
Carol x

Nance said...

Wonderful masculine birthday card. Love how you used vellum for the frame layer so the ties could show through. Thanks for playing with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Becca Sadler said...

Heather: your dad's birthday card is KNOT-unforgettable!! Fantastic! Lots of smart planning! Well done! Thanks for participating at TCCC blog! Becca/DT

creativetimewithme said...

What a fun card! Glad you were able to join us for the Make Your Own Background Paper challenge!


Hugs,
Mary Ellen, MMM DT - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

What a great card and seems like the perfect design for your Dad, I bet he has quite the collection of ties! Hope he had a lovely birthday :)
Thanks for joining in with the Aud Sentiments Challenge, keep safe.
Jenny (AKA the Ginger Ninja!) Aud Sentiments DT

Kim said...

Great card. I like the vellum piece you incorporated. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.