Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sending Smiles

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  As it is the 5th Wednesday of the month, we have a fabulous sketch for your inspiration:
And here is my card for your inspiration:
I pulled out some scraps from my favorite masculine paper pack for this one.  I recently realized that I don't have any "Just Because" masculine cards in my stash.  So, I set out to remedy it right away!  I love these balloon images and the sentiment is perfect for right now when we are supposed to be "social distancing".  So, even friends that live nearby feel like they are miles away.  I stenciled the circle with a cloud stencil and then added the sentiment.  Then, I stamped the balloons, colored them, and fussy cut them before adding them to the card.  I used foam tape on the largest balloon, a small piece of cardboard on the second balloon and adhered the smallest balloon directly to the card.  This way they appear farther away the smaller the balloon.  I finished everything off  with some colorful enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by!  Make sure you hop over to the House blog for all the details and to see what the rest of the team created.  And if you need any of the stamps I used, make sure you check out the 10% off your entire order coupon over in my left sidebar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Sending Smiles" and "Hot Air Balloon Cluster"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
STAMPlorations Theme and Prompt--Stamps and flight

Cardz TV #113--anything goes
Creative Fingers Challenge#184--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #137--stripes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #130--anything goes
Incy Wincy--decoration/image starting with your first initial (my name starts with "H" so I used "hot air balloons")
Word Art Wednesday #437--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Catz #503--anything goes with the optional twist: add a sentiment
Alphabet Challenge--B is for boy's card
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes


10 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous masculine card, like the colors (and your coloring), I have a card scheduled for Tic-Tac-Toe with this set for my son's birthday, perfect for guys!

Esther Asbury said...

I love your awesome take on the sketch, Heather! Those bright colors are so cheery, and the enamel dots are the perfect finish!

Patti J said...

Heather, this is such a wonderful card - could easily be used for either gender. Great job choosing the fun papers! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful masculine card - love all the different designer papers you used. The different colored dots just finish it off.

joy said...

Beautifully colored hot air balloons!

tilly said...

a bright and happy card with your balloons, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

Glittered Paws said...

Great masculine card - the balloons are so pretty and love the enamel dots you used. This was a fun sketch to work with.

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a super card for a male, love the hot air balloons. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw.. Megan DT LPoCF

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card. Thank you for play with us in Gem of a craft challenge blog. good luck with your entry.

Cards by Beckie said...

This is a great masculine card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x