Monday, June 24, 2019

Pick of the Week

It's my turn to share a pick of the week on The House That Stamps Built blog today.  I'm going to share something I haven't done in a really long time: Iris folding.  Do you remember that one?  I don't know what made me think of it, but I'm so glad I did because I had a blast!  So, here's what you need:
-card base or panel
-basic die shape (or something to cut out a basic shape)
-strips of paper (this is a great way to use up some scraps!)
-optional: an iris folding template like this one or there are tons on the internet.  You don't have to print it out; I just used it for a reference
Put a lot of adhesive around the shape on the backside of the panel.  If you don't have a template, place your first strips evenly spaced around the cut shape.  (I actually had to take this out and remove one of the strips of paper so the pattern worked better.)
 This is what it looks like on the backside.  You need a LOT of adhesive.
 Continue adding the strips around the circle until you have filled in the entire shape.  
 I turned the circle into an ornament with the ribbon die and finished it off with a rhinestone and a Merry Christmas sentiment.  Once I finished the card, I just had to keep going, so I created an adorable little tag in the same way.
 This time I used the same ribbon die and added a little ornament topper as well.  I finished it off with a partial sentiment from the Christmas Tree 2-sided swing stamp set,

Supplies:
Card:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Christmas"
Dies: Spellbinders "Standard Circles, large"; Elizabeth Craft Designs "Beautiful Baubles"
Tag:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Christmas Tree 2-sided Swing Stamp Set"
Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs "Beautiful Baubles"; PaperTrey Ink "Tag Sale #8"

Challenges:
Christmas at Sweet Stampin--anything goes with optional twist (I did not use the twist)
Crafty Hazelnut' Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #35--anything goes
ABC Christmas--L is for little (little tag)
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #11--anything goes
Winter Wonderland--use red and green
Creative Moments--anything goes
Crimbo-Crackers # 186--anything goes
Cardz TV #91--anything goes
Sweet Stampers #33--anything goes
Creative Fingers #166--anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #108--anything goes

8 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

This is a lovely iris folded card. Great christmas design. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Kathyk said...

Fab piece, I admire your patience with iris folding. Thank you so much for sharing your make with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

Kathyk
DT @ LTCCB

Chris said...

Your card is beautiful Heather, I've never tried this technique, have to say it looks very effective!
Thanks for joining us at CaSS this month
Chris
x

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card and tag Heather. hanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Joy Wilson said...

Beautiful iris folded card! Your paper choices are perfect! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope to see you in another one of our challenges soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Helen said...

A fabulous set!
Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous iris folding love the papers -not done this for years and I think only once lol
Carol x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very clever! Love the colors of the papers that you used. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Challenge over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'.