Saturday, June 15, 2019

Dad and Me

It's Saturday!!  That means it's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
The challenge this time is: Include the Sun (how perfect for this time of year!)
And here is my card for your inspiration:
 Have I got a fun one for you today!!  I've had this idea in my mind for a while just haven't had a reason to use this image.  But when I was looking through Di's images, I thought this one would be perfect for Father's Day, so this was the chance to see if my idea worked.
I colored the image and then used my kraft knife and scissors to cut out the sky portions, so you could look through to a second panel.   To create the second panel, I first colored the sky with the same marker I used to color the sky in the image so they would blend together.  Then I used a cloud stencil to add some clouds for interest.  I added a die cut sun and a strip of grass.  Then I stamped the sentiment allowing the "Father" to be seen from the outside, but hiding the rest behind the hammock.
Since I wanted to have some space to be able to write a message, I made this a tri-panel card and on the third panel, I stamped another sentiment.  And this is also where I will write the message. 
I made this for my husband for Father's Day.  When I showed it to my girls, they remembered that they used to lay in the hammock with their Daddy when they were much smaller, so it seems this was the perfect image to use.
I hope you will get a chance to play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.  And make sure you hop over to the Di's Digital Designs blog to see what the rest of the team has made for this challenge.

Supplies: 
Stams: Di's Digi Stamps "Sleepy Bear" digi; Verve "World's Greatest" sentiment on second panel; Repeat Impressions "A father is . . . " sentiment on third panel
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 25" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Scor-Pal #60--warmer days
Unicorn Challenge #44--for the men/boys
Crafty Calendar--masculine
Power Poppy Creative Confetti--Do it for Dad
2 Crafty Critter Crazies--anything goes
The Paper Funday #6--anything goes with the optional twist: for the guys
Stamplorations Mixed Media--anything goes with a stencil

Double Trouble #30--Thing #1: stencil or emboss your background; Thing #2: play along with 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Shopping Our Stash #377--stencil me this
Cardz 4 Guyz #221--Father's Day
Crafty Gals #193--You're the Man
Word Art Wednesday #341--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Cuttlebug Mania--tic-tac-toe (I used the top row: sentiment, image, die cut)
Die Cuttin' Divas #424--masculine/Father's Day
Try Stampin' On Tuesdays #412--fun folds

Crafting By Designs--summer fun

19 comments:

Wendy said...

So adorable, gorgeous fabulous design.
Wendy xx

Sian said...

A lovely cute card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

Donna Scholz said...

Super fun fold card, Heather! Love the care you took with the sky to make it look so realistic! The daddy bear and baby bear are really colored well, too! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

mum of two said...

This is SO cute!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Heather said...

So super cute - a perfect fun fold! Love your coloring of this relaxing scene, too - I think I need a hammock! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Adorable image and beautiful coloring along with your cloud stenciling makes a great scene and is certainly a great Father's Day card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and please come back for tomorrow's new challenge.

Becca Yahrling said...

Fabulous way that your mind works - great card!!

creationsnz said...

A super three fold card. Thanks for sharing with us at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, we hope to see you again, CarolG

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Fathers day card great scene and love the really cute image -love the inside too.
Carol x

papercraftingprincess said...

What a fun card...thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

Mia said...

Great card and I love the cute scene.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Jana Forrest said...

What a lovely image for fathers day, Heather. Really like the layout and the clouds are awesome. Best of luck and hope to see you at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge very soon. DT~Jana Forrest

Krafty Kaylin said...

very cute scene. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Julie Koerber said...

Heather -- this is too cute for words! I couldn't help but click on each picture to see all that fabulous detail you added with markers and ink! Too perfect!

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a beautiful card to celebrate father's day. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT

nnalorac said...

This is one super cute image, you have created a perfect Fathers Day scene for your Dad, Heather. Did a great job cutting out, never had much luck with a craft knife. Love it. Carol xx

Melanie R said...

Wonderful, meaningful card, Heather! I especially like you fun fold technique. Nicely created background, too. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #30.

Alison said...

Fantastic card for Father's Day - I love those bears, they look so furry, and the way you've put them into the scene is just great.
Alison x

MariLynn said...

Those bears are just adorable. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge.