Friday, March 1, 2019

Fa la la la la . . .

Recently I won a Guest Designer spot with the Feeling Sketchy Design Team.  Today is my chance to design with them and I am so honored.
The sponsor for this challenge is Just Me Digital Stamps (their images are always super adorable!)
Here is the sketch:

And here is my card using the adorable Llama image from Just Me Digital Stamps:
I have to say, I was a little unsure how to make this sketch work with the image, but once I got working on it, ideas kept flowing and I really like how it turned out!  I did turn the sketch on its side.  The die cut button was in my bits and pieces stash, and it was the inspiration for my color combo and all the layering.  I was looking through my embellishments for  . . . something, I can't even remember what, and came across some felt snowflakes that I've had for a long time.  So, the snowflake right behind the llama's head is one of those; it adds a fun texture.  This image actually comes with a sentiment, but it didn't fit with my design.  So, I used a sentiment from "Fa La Llama" from Neat & Tangled, but that set was designed by Elena Roussakis who is also the artitist/designer behind Just Me Digital Stamps; I thought it would fit ok since they were both created by the same artist.
Make sure you hop over to the Feeling Sketchy blog for the full details and to see what the Design Team created.

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Me Digital Stamps "Llama" digi; Neat & Tangled "Fa La Llama" sentiments
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" and "Layered Poinsettia"; Memory Box "Lindeman Snowflake"; PTI "Button Bits"

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Cupcake Inspirations #464--use a button

Double Trouble #22--Thing #1: tic tac toe (I used the right diagonal: blue hues, image, dies/punches)
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #44--anything goes
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #221--bingo (I used the right diagonal: die cut, digi or stamp, ribbon)
Creative Fingers #158--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #426--anything goes with the optional twist: use some gold
Crafty Friends #104--gemstones/pearls (little rhinestones on the center of the poinsettia)
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes

10 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Super card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. I am having trouble with Linky too. Elaine

Diane Louise J said...

Hello, You have made a beautiful Christmas card…. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Gemstones/Pearls’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Indy's Designs said...

What a wonderful card! Love the colors and the button you selected! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie

papercraftingprincess said...

I always love the details in your cards. Such a fun card and love how you used the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.

pst said...

Great Christmas card, the lama image is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love llamas and great setting for him...love that you made this into a Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and please come back tomorrow for another fun challenge.

Melanie R said...

Love this La La Llama theme! Great card, beautifully created. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Double Trouble.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, that is TOO cute! LOVE the gorgeous red and blue combo. What a sweet and cute Christmas creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month. We're so happy you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.
Also thank you for being guest designer for Feeling Sketchy.

Julie said...

Beautiful card and great paper choices. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper challenge
Julie T