Tuesday, March 12, 2019

90th Birthday

I was asked by a couple at my church to create a 90th birthday card for an aunt.  My first commissioned card and I had a blast!  They told me her favorite colors were pink and blue and they were looking for something elegant.  This is what I came up with:
 I used a lot of my favorite products on this one and I absolutely LOVE how this turned out!  I also decorated the envelope for a little extra special touch.  The sparkly "0" was in my bits and pieces stash; I just had to die cut a "9" to match.  Then, I die cut two more of each out of white card stock and layered them all together to create some dimension.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "The Sweet Life" and "Damask Designs"
Dies: Papertrey Ink "The Sweet Life" and number border die; Spellbinders "Radiant Rectangles"

Challenges:
MFT Birthday challenge--You're how old? (use numbers)
ART Impressions #241--floral cards
Craft Dee BowZ--anything goes with a handmade bow
Cards Galore Challenge--anything goes
Crafting with an Attitude--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Divas that Cut--anything goes
Creative Sketchy Girls #33--use lace or ribbon
Craft Rockets #57--flowers
Incy Wincy--let's use ribbon
Cute Card Thursday #572--anything goes
Crafty Friends #105--ladies/girls
Simon Says Stamp Monday--feminine/girly

5 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Hi there! Your card is exquisite! I love your intricate dies and and layout. Your bow is pretty too! Thanks for joining us this month. Be sure to come back for our April challenge as well! Best of luck with your entry

Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Craft-dee Bowz

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather :-) the whole design of this is stunning and I am sure the birthday girl will just love this!! beautifully done :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Arlene said...

What a lovely card and envelope. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our March challenge of "Anything Goes" at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

Nancy Soetaert said...

you did your 'job' very well! Lovely elegant card with the flowers and lovely diecuts!
Thanks for playing at Creative Sketchy Girls!
Nancy DT

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen