Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Flying High

Happy Wednesday!!  I am so confused this week!  My kiddos went away for the weekend on Thursday, so it was just my husband and I for 3+ days!!  Which was awesome, but it kind of threw me since I spent Friday cleaning the garage for our 4th of July party, Saturday was spent mowing the lawn, etc while my husband worked on a project for me.  Sunday wasn't normal without the kids around, and my husband took off Monday, then with the holiday, I could not keep track of what day it was!  But, today is Wednesday which means it is time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  It is a Designer's Choice challenge and Deonna challenged us to create a scene (in a good way of course!)  Here is the fun, summer scene I created:
I started by die cutting the stitched rectangle and then sponging on the clouds using a scalloped oval as the mask.  Then I added my die cut sun and "hills" so I would know where to stamp the balloons.  I stamped them and then stamped each one again, the two smaller ones on scraps of patterned paper and the large one on a scrap of white card stock.  I fussy cut the second stampings and added them in place.  To finish it off, I stamped "Happy Birthday" on the hill and added a few die cut clouds to add dimension.
Make sure you stop by the House blog to see the scenes the rest of the DT created; there are some pretty cool ideas.  And then get inky and play along, I can't wait to see what kind of scene you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Hot Air Balloon Cluster" and "Birthday"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle, Sun; Lawn Fawn "Stitched snowbanks"; Paper Smooches "Cute Clouds"

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday #484--anything goes
Cut It Up #125--Patriotic: red, white and blue
Card Mania #94--summer fun
Through The Purple Haze #128--spots and/or stripes
Creative With Stamps #16--celebrate

Dare 2B Artzy--bright colors
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Dies R Us #76--layers
Come And Get It--colors of your nation (red, white, and blue--USA!)
Simon Says Stamp Monday--red, white, and/or blue
Pixie's Crafty Workshop--anything goes with snippets (everything except the card base and stitched rectangle was cut from snippets--die cut and fussy cut)

16 comments:

Donna said...

Fantastic scene, like how you made it patriotic! Your clouds look fabulous. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful scene you've created! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Layers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Caroline Weidenhiller said...

I love the combination of techniques you used on your card.
Thank you for joining creativewithstamps

N-Eva said...

Love these projects so much! The details in your card are perfect! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Di said...

What a brilliant scene Heather! Loads of depth and great way to use up snippets of course. Mind you, you wouldn't get me up in one of those! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome scene you have created with the hot air balloons, that is still on my bucket list. Looks so fun.

Dana Johnson said...

Awesome card and love the scene! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Becca Cruger said...

Well you certainly did create an adorable scene! Love the sponged clouds! I hope you enjoy your week.

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the pretty background and the hot air balloons!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

Love your card! Perfect scene for our challenge! Lol...as I was reading your blog, I was relating. These mid week holidays make a mess of my brain cells...never know what day it is! Thanks for sharing!

Judy McKay said...

Love your balloon scene. Great colours. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

The same thing happens in my house. When the schedule is off, nobody knows what day it is!

I love how you incorporated red, white, and blue into your card. It's really fun to see hot air balloons in the air! :)

Thanks for joining us for our Patriotic challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Billie A said...

Wonderful scene. Love the hot air balloons. The clouds are wonderful. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments
Paper Play Sketches

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the scene you've created, it's fabulous and so very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, you've created a fab scene. Thanks for joining in this months 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Tasha J said...

Wonderful card! I just love hot air balloons!!! Thanks for entering the D2BA Challenge! -Tasha :)