Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's a tea party!!

Waltzingmouse is celebrating their 2nd birthday on Saturday and to celebrate, Claire is throwing a tea party. The challenge is to use either the freebie tea bag, teacup template or the piece of cake template. I chose to use the tea bag, which I dressed up a bit. I have a beautiful pansy tea cup that I used as the inspiration for the bag. The pansy stamp is from Clear Dollar Stamps (one of their retiring sets). I colored with colored pencils and it's a bit tough to tell, but I popped up two of the flowers and a leaf for a bit of dimension. I used a gold pen to outline the raised front panel that was diecut with a labels one nestie. I added a bit of a doily look with a fleur de lis border punch that I pieced across the top of the bag.

And check out this little tea tag!!! (it came with the template) Is it not THE cutest thing ever!!! So, happy birthday Waltzingmouse, celebrate in style!!



5 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, Heather, this is so pretty. I love the soft colours and the doily edging is great.
Hugs
Carol x

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the punched edge, and the pansies are a beautiful image.

Unknown said...

Thank you Heather!!! Gorgeous wee baggie!! beautifully coloured!! thank you so much for joining our tea party and Good luck in the draw!

JJ Bolton said...

Lovely Heather! Love the delicate details like the doily edging and gold accents.

Rushd Lady said...

Cute tea card! :)