Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Handmade Topiary

The picture above is the inspiration photo from Off The Wall Craftiness. I forgot to add it in my original post.

Look at that gorgeous inspiration picture for the Timeless Tuesday #118 challenge! The topiary was made by Julia Sandvoss who graciously gave them permission to use the picture.




I've always loved the look of topiaries and have played around in my mind with making one. So, today's card is a fulfillment of them thought on a miniscule scale. I made this one using a little tiny flower punch (I punched out about a zillion!) that I adhered to a die cut circle using scor-tape, and I added little white dots in the center of each using dimensional fabric paint. I am also using the Viva La Verve May week 3 sketch and the Off The Wall Craftiness challenge to use lime/seafoam/brown. The topiary paper was made using a new stamp set I just got from Clear Dollar stamps (it is one of their retiring sets: all the stamps needed to make a fireplace scene--I don't know what the name is).















7 comments:

Benzi said...

Very,very pretty, Heather! Great idea and would you believe I thought about doing the same thing with the little Flourishes roses I used? Actually, you put a lot more work into yours than I did. I used the stamp set and took the easier way out.

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute idea, and perfectly inspired! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

~Tammy~ said...

Heather, this is just gorgeous! You used the OTWC colors perfectly. Please post the inspiration photo to be considered for the challenge. Thank you! :-)

Amy Kolling said...

Oh the colors were perfect for these images! I love how you did the topiaries! It's always great to see you over at OTWC!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW...Heather...this is so beautiful! What a great idea and interpretion of the topiary! Thank you for playing along with us...hugs ~S~

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very nice!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

How fun is that topiary - great use of all those little flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at OTWC.