Friday, July 26, 2024

Simple Birthday

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: CAS

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Confession:  I have a whole, entire, large box of crafty items that I have never used and I've had them for probably 3 years (most of them anyway).  I've been thinking that I should just pull items out and use them instead of reaching for the things I use all the time.  So, while I was digging around in the box, I found this beautiful die set from Altenew.  I wasn't quite sure how to use it, so I went to the webstore and looked it up and found so much beautiful inspiration.    I die cut both layers from white card stock and then I inked up the underlayer with purple ink for the flowers and green ink for the leaves.  My small blending brushes were dirty, so it was a little challenging to get ink to be where I wanted it, but the white frame helps hide some of the overlap.  Then I trimmed out a little section for my sentiment (which I had to stack on top of itself instead of using it in a line as is intended.  I stamped the sentiment on a white card base and adhered the two layers of die cut to it.  Added some tiny purple pearls for interest.  I think it actually looks more CAS than it really is, but it reads simple in my book at least.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Something for Everything" sentiment set
Dies: Altenew "Layered Floral Cover Die A&B"

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #88--anything goes
Creative Inspirations--anything goes
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: floral
NBUS--never before used Schtuff--first time using both the die set and the sentiment set
Beautiful Blossoms #19--anything goes with the optional mood board (I did not use it)













Triple B--anything goes with the optional twist: red (I did not use the twist)
Make My Monday #230--let's celebrate
Inkspirational Challenge #320--use products from 2 or more companies (Altenew and MFT)
Penny's Challenge #576--anything goes
Double D--basket full of posies













Simon Says Stamp Monday--add a sentiment
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--beautiful blooms


7 comments:

Larelyn said...

What a gorgeous cover die. The inking looks amazing.

Darnell said...

Trust me, Heather, it's easy for that ol' time to slip away while things sit waiting to be loved! I roll my eyes at how old some of my NBUS is and there is no judgment on this site! That is a really beautiful die cut and your soft blending is perfect for it. I also like the way you stacked your sediment and I appreciate that you linked at NBUS! (Just a reminder for next time, there is a 10-challenge limit. Thank you!) Hugs, Darnell

Donna Walls said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous cover die and the soft color palette is so pretty. I try to use what I already have, and have tried not to purchase new, but it's so difficult! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and we hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenges
Paper Funday Challenge

Heather said...

Beautiful, Heather! Fabulous die find - I'm sure a lot of us have such a box stashed away, lol, but maybe not with such beautiful toys! LOVE that sentiment, too - mixed fonts are so attractive! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Jane Savage said...

Love the soft, delicate colouring on this gorgeous card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Birgit said...

What a lovely creation for the Double D Challenge. Thanks so much for supporting our challenge with your beautiful card. Best of luck to you in the challenge.

Helen said...

Gorgeous - love the soft colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossom Challenge.

Helen x
DT