Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Who's turning 7??

 Happy May 1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

My youngest nephew just turned 7!!  I can't believe it!  Where has the time gone?  While I was looking through my Pinterest boards a while ago, I came across a card with a number wreath with the specific age highlighted and I wanted to sort of recreate that look.  So, I die all the numbers out of dark brown card stock and the "7" a second time in yellow to make it stand out.  I die cut a circle out of craft card stock and adhered the numbers around the edge of the circle using a smaller circle to help space them out.  I stamped my sentiment on white card stock and then die cut an arrow out of red card stock to help draw even more attention to the "7".  Then I stenciled my kraft layer with pawprints and then die cut it to create a fun pop-up slider card with a hidden message.  I used more red and yellow card stock to keep the card feeling bold and bright and finished the front of with a sweet little kitty!
On the inside I finished the sentiment and added another little kitten having fun with a ball of yarn.
Interactive cards are fun for any age, but I especially like to make them for kids as I know they enjoy the movement and hidden surprises.
Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "Big Birthday Wishes" all sentiments except the hidden one and "Just Sentiments: Birthday" hidden sentiment; MFT "Cat-astrophe" cat; Lawn Fawn "Push Here"
Dies: PaperTrey Ink "By the Numbers Border Die"; MFT "Slider Surprise" and "Blueprints 13"; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, Large" and "You are Here" arrow

Challenges:
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: a splash of color (my yellow is the splash)
Creative Fingers #276--anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #646--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #570--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #713--all occasions




4 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fun birthday card, Heather! I love this cute slider card!! I'm sure your nephew will love it. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a fun card for your nephew, I am sure that it will be a hit. Love the big die cut number wreath with the appropriate number indicated. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw...
Megan DT LPoCF

Jinny said...

What an adorable card. I especially love the interactive part. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Jinny said...

Popping back to say thank you for sharing your creation at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge as well. Hugs, Jinny