Friday, May 31, 2024

Love Begins

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Anything Goes!!!

Here is my card for your inspiration:
My best friend's first child (oldest boy) is getting married this weekend!  It's hard to believe we are at that age already (well, actually, my children are a bit younger and not quite ready for getting married, but I'm almost there!).  This is the card I created for him and his soon to be wife!  There are a lot of roses, and gold, and embossing and all sorts of beautiful things going on here!  I started with the gorgeous roses!  These are hands down my favorite flower stamps.  The layering (if you can get them lined up correctly) is fabulous and they always turn out so beautiful!  Then I chose my sentiment--the main sentiment is one stamp and the three large words are individual stamps so you can create a sentiment with different colors.  I chose to use black ink for the main part and then heat embossed the large words with gold embossing powder for some extra glam!  I stamped the background piece with the same pink from the flowers and a light gray and then I heat embossed one of the design elements with gold embossing powder to add more shine and tie in with the sentiment.  I added a bit of gold glitter paper and a piece of gold satin ribbon down the side and finished it all off with gold Nuvo drops in the center of the background elements and as embellishments on the sentiment panel.
While in the middle of heat embossing my background, one of my cats tried to jump up on my desk and ended up scattering a whole bunch of things onto the floor including almost an entire jar of the gold embossing powder!!  Thankfully, I have tile floors, but still, I had to sweep it all up and now there is cat hair and other pieces of dirt in it.  So, moral of the story is: If you think to yourself "I should dump this powder back into the jar before moving on." DO IT!!  You will save yourself a mess and the aggravation of having to clean up that mess!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "The Sweet Life", "Guide Lines Two" and "Inside Out: Love"
Dies: Papertrey Ink "The Sweet Life"; Spellbinders "Labels 37" (even though I have had this for years and years and years, it may be the first time I have used the set); MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Paper Funday #65--anything goes with the optional twist: flower shoppe
Aud Sentiments #313--foiling AND/OR Flowers
Beautiful Blossoms #17--anything goes with flowers













MFT Card Cue--flower power
Sketch Saturday #751--sketch (I turned it on its side and adjusted the circle elements a little bit to fit my sentiment better) with the optional twist: use a die cut shape













Double Trouble #167--6th Anniversary Raffle (#1: I chose wedding/anniversary--yellow ticket, #2: I partnered with Beautiful Blossoms, and Paper Funday)
Shopping Our Stash #522--how does your garden grow
Word Art #650--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #572--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday--lots of texture (I have smooth card stock, rough glitter paper, satiny ribbon and the dots from the Nuvo drops, as well as the gold heat embossing)



10 comments:

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous card!

Have a good weekend.

Leslie

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Great sentiment and flowers. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments

Suzanne Reynolds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, this is so pretty - love the gold and pink together. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

dj said...

Beautiful!! I love that sentiment!! How does your garden grow? With love and beautiful flowers!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our garden challenge over at "Shopping Our Stash" Deb Horst, DT #SOS522

crafty said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mary

Melanie Hungerford said...

Really turned out beautiful (in spite of the embossing powder mishap!) Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and at Double Trouble!

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous wedding card and the happy couple will cherish it. Thanks for inspiring us with your lovely card at The Paper Funday and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Gerda said...

This card is gorgeous!! Love the sentiment you used!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda