Monday, September 25, 2023

Party Penguins

 Hello, everyone!  Here is a mid-challenge reminder for our sketch challenge over on the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  You still have almost 2 weeks to play along with us.  We have two sponsors and the image I used today came from Hetty Clare.  Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:  (I turned the sketch on its side)

I used these super cute little penguins.  They are kind of dressed for winter with their scarves and Santa hats, but I thought the balloons looked like birthday, so I colored everything up with bright, happy colors and changed those hats into party hats!  I used a fishtail banner die and a little out of the box cutting to get a fun effect with the balloons floating out of the top of the banner.  I trimmed the sides of the die cut to create a tag shape and added an eyelet, ribbon and twine to finish it off.  To add to the party feel I die cut some balloons and stars and sprinkled them around the card.  And, of course, the stripes in the background add to the celebration.  The penguins look like they are up to some mischief, so the rest of the sentiment inside the card says "let the shenanigans begin"
Remember, you still have almost 2 weeks to play.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hetty Clare "Penguinsparty" digi (I could not find it in her shop, it may be retired, but she has other fun penguin images in there); CAS-ual Fridays "Shenanigans"
Dies: MFT balloons and "Blueprints 13" fishtail banner; stars are from a Stamps of Life star flip set

Challenges:
Cutie Pie Challenge #185--birthdays AND/OR bears 
Aud Sentiments #305--Tag It! AND/OR thank you
Penny's Challenge #555--anything goes
Di's Digi Designs--3 of anything (I have 3 penguins and 3 die cut balloons)
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Double D--birthday balloons















1 comment:

Donna Phelan said...

Super cute! Love the striped paper, the pretty colored balloons and those fabulous penguins. How FUN!!! Great use of the Sketch too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Birthday Balloons Challenge. Donna, DT Member.