Saturday, July 1, 2023

Sweet Baby Boy

 Happy July 1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

A close family member just had a little baby boy!!  We are going to be going to a baby shower for her this week and this is the card I created.  I love the little elephant stamp but it has been quite a while since I used it.  I LOVE him stamped on patterned paper and when I saw this blue dotted paper sitting on my desk from some previous projects, I knew I HAD to use it!!  I stamped the image, added some shading with some blue/green markers and fussy cut him out.  I die cut the matching paper and a coordinating piece with a stitched rectangle die so they would be the same width and then trimmed them to fit the card lengthwise.  I die cut a banner die and the word "congrats", along with some blue hearts.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper--I think this give such a fun look.  Here is a freebie tip for you: my card stock didn't match my patterned papers exactly, so I took one of the markers I used to shade the little elephant and used it to color around the edges of the card stock and a strip of scrap card stock so I could die cut the hearts.  Now it matches perfectly!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Emory" elephant and "To the Moon" sentiment
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle, "Blueprints 12" banner, "Tag Builder #5" hearts; Papertrey Ink congrats

Challenges:
Cards Galore #113--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #76--celebrations
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Fab 'n Funky #576--four-legged friends
As You Like It--Favorite: plain or patterned paper (while I do like to use just plain cardstock, sometimes, I think my favorite is definitely patterned paper.  I love how using just the right color and pattern can tie the whole card together--matching your image and theme.  Plus, I love all the different patterns and the interest they give.  I have a whole stash of patterned papers that I will never be able to use up!)



4 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

This card is absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at UYS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An absolute delight, Heather. I'm sure it was received with joy and love.
Faith x

Brenda said...

This is such a cute card, Heather. Thanks for the great tip! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at AYLI Challenge this fortnight!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous baby card, I love the cute elephant. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x