Friday, January 13, 2023

Novel Birthday

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  With the beginning of a new year, we are changing up things a bit.  There will no longer be weekly sponsors; it will be "just for fun" (and the thrill of being chosen as one of the top picks!)  But every so often, there might be some prizes thrown in for a special surprise. This week, to get everyone back in the swing of things, the challenge is nice and easy: Anything Goes (just remember to use at least one die cut)

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Oh, my goodness, I LOVE how this turned out!!!  Is this not the cutest scene ever???  My daughters and I have been invited to attend a 15th anniversary for a Story hour group we attended when my girls were little.  It is also combined with a 65th birthday party for the women who founded it and is still running it.  So, of course, I had to create a book themed card!  I've had this adorable stamp set from MFT in my stash for quite a loooooooong time and had never had a chance to play with it until now!  I also used a super cute die set that I bought from MFT a couple months ago, and it, too was languishing in a pile of never before used items.  Well, no longer!!  Now they have both been shown some love and I think I will be reaching for them again very soon.
One of my very favorite challenges is: Snippets Playground.  It is a challenge about creating cards using "snippets"--those small pieces of things that we all save.  Well, I love stuff, but I also love using stuff and getting rid of stuff.  So, creating a card that uses up those bits of stuff left over from other cards is THE best!!  The challenge is (almost) always anything goes (using snippets of course), but this time you also have to include a picture of the snippets you used.
So, knowing that I wanted to use some patterned papers to create my scene, I pulled out these sheets of paper that had already been cut into.  Out of these, I cut my wallpaper, curtains and the little rug!
I have a confession, I save (almost) EVERY offcut of white cardstock because you never know when you will need a little piece to stamp a small image on.  So, I went to my stash and found these three snippets of white cardstock on which my images fit perfectly!  (You can see them lined up ready to go into my MISTI in the photo below:

After stamping the images, I decided I wanted to have a patterned lampshade, so I pulled out another small snippet from the same paper pack.
The only full piece of paper that I used was for my "floor", but never fear, once I cut the floor, I also die cut the curtain rod and the picture frames from part of the remaining patterned paper.  Then I cut the "baseboard" from a snippet from my white stash as well as the window frame.  The "cloud" paper was from a piece of patterned paper that I have had for 20 years!  And the pictures were stamped on a scrap of white card stock before adhering the frames to them and trimming them out.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things "Our Story"
Dies: My Favorite Things "Picture Window", "Fundamental Furnishing" (rug), and "Decor and More" (picture frames)

Challenges:
Snippets Playground #445--show us your snippets
Double D--birthday













As You Like It Challenge--favorite reason to send a card and why?  ( definitely choose birthday cards!  Mostly because that is what I make the most of, but also because it is an easy way to let someone know you are thinking about them on their birthday.  And if I have the time, I can really personalize it to the recipient--like this card.)
Crafty Calendar--add a sentiment
Creative Inspirations--something old, something new (new=stamp set and die sets; old=patterned papers)
Creatalicious #250--anything goes with the optional twist: something new (stamp and die sets had never been used until now!)
NUBUS #46--never before used stuff
Make My Monday #191--something new (stamp set and die sets)
Double Trouble #129--Cuddle up (Thing #1: use 3+ colors--I have yellow, blue, green, and brown; Thing #3: warm & cuddly image--my little girl and kitty are snuggled up together)


21 comments:

Larelyn said...

This project is just amazing. You have to keep looking to discover all the amazing details and I love the story behind it. Thank you for being such a valuable member of our Cut it Up team.

ScrappyHorses said...

Oh my, this is such a darling scene you have created! Love the paper choices and all the wonderful cuts! Hope your weekend is this peaceful! ~Katrina

CA Scrapper said...

OMG! That card is just too cute. Have a great weekend.

Leslie

Sarn said...

Thanks for entering this fabulous piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Gorgeous scene and perfect for the occasion. Congrats on using up some really old paper and lots of snippets. Hope you’ll come up to the Treehouse for a celebratory drink xxx

Jackie Cornfield said...

Great card, loving being part of this talented team! Jackie x

Vicki said...

This is so adorable and perfect for the book party anniversary. The scene has such great detail work and the coloring is amazing. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, January Birthday Challenge.

Chris said...

You have created such a lovely scene for your little reader, she looks so comfortable and cosy! Love this card! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! The scene is gorgeous and I am sure the card will be treasured. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card and perfect for the occasion! Hope all is well with you.

Di said...

Thought I'd commented. Heather, this is utterly delightful and fabulous use of snippets to create such a darling scene! Wonderful work.

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

Absolutely adorably CUTE scene you have created!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Darnell said...

You should love how this turned out, Heather! It looks so professional, with attention to every detail right down to the picture frames and coffee cup! How fun is it to play with paper dolls as a grown woman - not to mention furniture and rooms that YOU designed?! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Scholz said...

Wow, Heather, this is gorgeous!!! Love how you created the scene with your odds and ends of paper scraps! I've always 'cuddled up' with books and love how you interpreted it into a paper craft!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Just Peachy Stamping said...

This sentiment and focal image are fabulous, as is the whole card. The perfect birthday card for a reader. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous little scene card and I love all the details, fabulous Heather.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Melanie R said...

Great card, Heather! Your choices of patterned paper resulted in a wonderful scene perfect for cuddling. Great coloring, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #129.

Linby said...

I've got this set and only used it once, you've reminded me why I wanted it with this super cute and pretty make. Well done on using snippets and NBUS.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great scene you created, a lot of pieces put together and so homey. Love the items you stamped on patterned papers. Adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Gerda said...

OMG!!! This card is gorgeous!! I simply love it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Kellianne said...

This happy little reading scene is so cute! I love how you showed part of your process! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble :)

Zw@@n said...

oh my, what a cute card! I love the scene, it looks very cozy. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Wilma