Friday, January 27, 2023

Donuts about you

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Love


Here is my card for your inspiration:
After looking at the cards the other designers created, I was a little concerned that I had missed the idea and was supposed to include the word "love".  Eeek.  But, I think you can see the theme of "love" is definitely part of this card!  I'm planning to make all of my Valentine's Day cards this year with Kendra's Card Challenge #9 cutting templates and sketches.  This card is the first in the series.  Hopefully I will be able to get them all completed next week, but we'll see!!  Anyway, the papers are from a Sizzix pack that came when I got my new die cutting machine a couple years ago.  When I saw the pinks and hearts, I knew it would be perfect.  (There will be some yellows and peaches mixed in on some of the other cards--just a heads up).  I remembered that I have had this heart ribbon for years and decided to pull it out and the colors actually matched quite well.  Remember when ribbon was a thing,?  And now you really don't see it much any more?  Maybe I will bring it back to popularity!  Some pink and gray cardstock and a few pink enamel dots and I was ready to go!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Newton's Nook "Love Bites" (unfortunately, it looks to be retired as I could not find it on the website)
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle; Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps small heart die set

Challenges:
Cards Galore #107--anything goes
Creative Moments #242--anything goes
Die Cut Divas--Valentine's Day
Crafty Calendar--add a sentiment
Penny's Challenge #538--anything goes
Pink Gem--anything goes












16 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun card design and the sentiment/digi image is adorable! Makes me want a doughnut! hee hee

Treva said...

Heather,

Cute card, love the heart ribbon which reminds me I should use some and the donuts with the faces are adorable!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card made me smile, it's adorable!

Have a great weekend,
Leslie

Larelyn said...

So pretty. I love all the pinks and the ribbon :)

Jackie Cornfield said...

Of course "Love" shines out from this sweet card. Jackie xx

Cindy C. said...

Such sweet card!! Thanks for playing along our January challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Margaret said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations. Maggie, DT

Dottie said...

Hi Heather:
what a sweet card,
I love all you have used to create this card.

Have a Great and Blessed Week

Arlene said...

The colors and hearts and sentiment all point to the cutest Valentine card. So very sweet, just like the donuts. Love it. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Valentine challenge.

Evelyn said...

Gosh, I have so much ribbon! I had my husband make me a holder for all of the spools back in the day, and hardly use it anymore. It's funny how crafty trends come and go.

Your card is just beautiful as always, Heather! I love the soft pinks. I like making cards using Kendra's system, too!

Evelyn

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

So sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Leanne said...

I like the paper and the color choice, nicely done, thanks for playing our Polkadots Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Nora Noll said...

How cute is this? I love the donut stamp and that sentiment rocks!!! Your paper layering is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!!
Nora
CIC DT

Gerda said...

What a super sweet card!! Love the heart ribbon you and great card design!! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda

Cards By Leona said...

Thank you for your entry into the Creative Moments DT call. please email us on creativemomentschallenge@outlook.com. Leona x

Lisa said...

Love these fun images and great cards with them.