Friday, April 22, 2022

Simply Amazing

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: April Showers Bring May Flowers


And our fabulous sponsor is:

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Pink and Main sent me this lovely Stamp Set and Die set to work with.  There are 3 gorgeous flowers and sentiments to go along with them.  The die set cuts out the flowers and has three banner dies that fit the sentiments.  I chose to use the rose bud image, one of the sentiments and the banner die that coordinates with the sentiment.  Along with the brand new goodies, I pulled out some ooooold stuff out of my stash.  The background is a page from an old, old, old encyclopedia set, there's a bit of mulberry paper from back when it was so popular (great stuff, really) and an old spellbinders die set that I have had for years!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Pink & Main "Roses"
Dies: Pink & Main "Roses" dies; Spellbinders "Filigree Delight"

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #559--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #519--anything goes
Art Impressions #325--fun with flowers
Creative Fingers #229--anything goes
Double Trouble Challenge #108--Frame It (Thing #1: basic die shape {I used an oval, which I think is pretty basic}; Thing #3--flowers and/or butterflies; Thing #2--play with Dies R Us)
The Paper Shelter #508--world book day (I used a page from a book)
Dies R Us #190--flowers/spring (I used a spellbinders die)
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #227--sketch (I turned it on it's side to fit my image better)












NBUS #37--the stamp set and coordinating dies hadn't been opened until this card (I only just got them this month, but still . . .)


15 comments:

Treva said...

Pretty card, love that sentiment and rose die!

ScrappyHorses said...

So lovely with the rose in the oval framed out with the gorgeous die! Great idea to use the text/verbiage paper! Beautiful!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is gorgeous with that detailed die and the blue shading behind the flower. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a beautiful frame for your beautiful flower and love the word patterned paper for the background... beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Dies R Us.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so pretty and I especially love what you did in creating the background. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Suzanne H said...

I love that soft touch of mulberry paper behind the image. It's beautiful. I love how you've put this all together. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble - Crazy Cousin Suzanne

Maria Valente said...

Such a lovely creation! Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Penny's Challenges.

Kathie said...

Heather, I just love your card, with my love of flowers this Pink Rose couldn't be more perfect. Yes, I have some Mulberry Paper in my stash as well and haven't used it for ages which I must do so. I love the feel of vintage with the encyclopedia page it looks wonderful. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful card Heather! I think you inspired all of us who have not touched our mulberry paper to dig it out again! Love the printed background too. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble!

Darnell said...

Well done using your NBUS so quickly, Heather, and so beautifully. I love how you have married the vintage elements with the modern elements. You've created a classic! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Ilonka said...

I love your card so much, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Lori Podolsky said...

Beautifully done, Heather. Love your card! Thank you for sharing it with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Hope you will join us again for a new challenge. Good luck and happy crafting! Hugs, Lori - DT

Andree said...

A lovely card. The lacey die-cut frame and the pretty rose look wonderful together.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore April Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, your card is so pretty with it's rose bud and vintage feel! Love how you used the mulberry paper,,, I still have some somewhere that I should try and remember to use. Also love your use of the old encyclopedia page to further you vintage look! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "Frame It" challenge!!! -Donna

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the gorgeous rose!! Great take on the sketch!! Love it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda