Friday, April 8, 2022

Easter Blessings

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Easter and/or Make your own background


And our fabulous sponsor is:
DRS Designs

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I decided to create an Easter card, and I chose this beautiful Easter image from DRS Designs.  Because it is such an interestingly shaped image, I printed it out really big and used it as the main (and only) panel.  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers, then masked the image so I could stamp the sentiment "Easter Blessings" repeatedly over the background with a pale gray ink (that way, I also completed the "make your own background" portion of the challenge).  Then I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I adhered it to a pale purple card base and finished everything off with some clear dew drops.
For the inside, I used the same stitched rectangle die to cut a panel of white card stock and then stamped a second Easter Sentiment and adhered the panel to the card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: DRS Designs "Easter Lily and Crosses Oval" digi; Easter sentiments are from an old Flourishes set
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs--Easter and/or animals (I went with Easter)
Cards Galore--anything goes
Creatalicious #232--anything goes with the optional twist: Easter
Inkspirational #262--inspirational photo (I was inspired by the spring flowers)













The Paper Shelter #506--pastel Colours
Mod Squad Challenge--anything goes
















8 comments:

Gerda said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card!! LOVE IT!!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda

Darlene said...

Oh Heather this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! What a great idea for your background ... very subtle but effective!! GORGEOUS coloring too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Your awesome creation would also fit perfectly in our SPRING themed challenge over on our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE. We’d love to have you come share & inspire! OH and don’t forget about our Anything using Embossing Folders challenge over on CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Our current Optional Twist is EASTER. Thanks for your support in our challenges!

Vicki said...

Simply stunning and overall gorgeous card. Love the elegance and true Easter theme. Thanks for joining the Double D "Easter" Challenge.

Lori Podolsky said...

Your card is truly so beautiful, Heather. What a gorgeous image. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. I wish you good luck on your entry, and we hope to see you again. Have a happy day. Hugs, Lori - DT

Judy Woodland said...

This is absolutely LOVELY!! Your coloring is just gorgeous, I love it. Such a sweet card, and so beautifully designed! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
Judy~ MSC Designer

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Heather! Jesus is my heart, so I appreciate the value of this image. Thank you for your creation being shared with us at INkspirational~

Dawn G Designs said...

Absolutely love this card!!! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge! I hope to see you in our next challenge!
Crafty Hugs!
DT Dawn

Pattie G said...

What a beautiful Easter card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Anything Goes”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner