Friday, March 11, 2022

Have courage

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Women's History

And our fabulous sponsor is:

Here is my card for your inspiration:
So, I have to admit that this challenge had me stumped for a long time!  What was I going to create to celebrate women's history?  As I was looking through my Cas-ual Fridays stamp sets and I came across this set with this sentiment.  And I started thinking of all the women that have gone before us and paved the way for the freedoms and privileges we have now.  think of how much courage it took for the first woman who wanted the right to vote, the first woman who wanted attend college, the first woman to join the Army, and I could go on and on.  So many things that we take for granted are the results of women who had the courage to try.  I paired the sentiment with some pretty flowers from a different Cas-ual Fridays set.  I was thinking of using the bold black and white flower patterned paper, and when I saw the little bit of yellow ribbon in my bits and pieces stash, my color combo was born!  The black and white checked ribbon was also in the bits and pieces stash and the scalloped border was die cut from a small scrap of black card stock.
I started by stamping my flowers in the corners of my main panel and then colored them.  I then heat embossed "courage" with black embossing powder and then stamped "have" with black ink.  I wanted the "courage" to really stand out.  I added a bit of gold sparkle glimmer pen onto the flowers; you can see it in the photo below.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Cas-ual Fridays "Mon Ami" and "Powerful Words" (retired)
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle die and a mini scalloped border die

Challenges:
Penny's Challenge #516--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #534--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper













Sheepski Designs #60--flowers
Snippets Playground #423--anything goes with snippets. (even my patterned papers were pieces left over from other projects)
Dare 2B Artzy--anything goes


14 comments:

Treva said...

Nice card and I like your take on the sketch, I used it recently too!

ScrappyHorses said...

Great card with the wonderful papers, flowers and colors! It is amazing what women have had to fight for in our country and it did take courage! Fabulous reminder!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is beautiful and that sentiment is perfect for this challenge.

Have a great weekend.

Leslie

Tammy Folk said...

Such a pretty card Heather, and great take on the card sketch too! I'm a huge fan of the black & yellow theme too! Thanks for playing along with us this month @ Stick it Down.

Sarn said...

Loving the yellow and black colour scheme. Great card with a fab sentiment xxx

Jan Mosier said...

Great sentiment and I love the black and yellow! Thanks for playing along with our card sketch this month at Stick It Down!

Jana Forrest said...

Heather your card is simply beautiful and your stamping is spot on. Thank you for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the pretty papers and the sentiment you used!! Great take on the sketch!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Ilonka said...

I love your card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card! I love the ribbon and scalloped border seperating your papers. You did a wonderful job with your color choices as well. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Di said...

What a beautiful card Heather and your whole post is written from the heart. I adore the design in yellow and black against white. Super work!

Hugs

Di xx

MJ's Kraze said...

Great card. I love the added ribbon loop touch.

Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card DT.

Helen said...

A really pretty card - love the yellow and black.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Anna said...

What a beautiful card. I love the patterned paper and how it really enhanced the central stamped image. Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned March paper challenge!
Anna, Design Team