Friday, March 18, 2022

Christmas Present

 I decided to recycle some of the Christmas cards I received this year.  The present was recycled from one of those cards.  I found some red dotted ribbon in my bits and pieces stash and then found some matching patterned paper scraps to go with the color scheme.  The three snowflakes were part of a bunch of crafty items I bought at a yard sale a couple years ago.  They were already punched and I adhered two together to create each element, to give a little depth and stability.

I added a little bit of red and white twine, a little red brad and a stamped sentiment to finish it all off.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment
Martha Stewart snowflake punch

Challenges:
Unicorn Challenge #75--dots and/or stripes (dotted ribbon)
Sparkles #134--Santa Claus is coming to town (there are two Santas on my patterned paper, and they brought a gift)
Cards Galore #97--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Winter Wonderland--Christmas presents













Christmas Kickstart #60--snowflakes are winter's butterflies

11 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

I love the bold colours you chose for this cheery festive design and how great that you were able to use so many recycled items! A great take on the sketch too.
Thanks for sharing with Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Heather said...

Lol, I do really like this card, great colors and design. I can count those peeping Santas, I suppose! He must be more shy than I remembered, lol. A very fun collection of details! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Helen said...

Love it! Great colour scheme and die cuts.

Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Helen x

Kelly Schelske said...

What a great card Heather and I love the colour combo too!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- good luck!

Kathie said...

Oh, Heather, your Christmas card is perfect and this sketch goes so well together. Love your colours and embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Glittered Paws said...

Love this - especially the little right top corner turned over. It is just the little things that make a card so special.

OlgaB said...

Great interpretation of the sketch!
Thank you for joining SSW2
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Carole J said...

I love a bit of recycling and you did a magnificent job on this image. Bold and beautiful and I particularly like the echoed snowflakes on the polka dot ribbon.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done!
Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Kelly Schelske said...

Fun papers, love the snowflakes and the present! Great work with one of our sketches Heather!

Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2- good luck!

anne said...

Beautiful card Heather, thank you for playing along with us at SSW2
Anne SSW2-DT