Friday, January 28, 2022

Praying

 So, in my last post at the beginning of the year, I mentioned how I had suddenly found myself Design Teamless.  Well, I have to say that didn't last very long!!  Within a couple days, I have an offer from the owner of the Cut It Up Challenge blog to come join their design team!  I'm excited to announce that today begins my first challenge as part of that team!!  Yeay!!  The challenge for the next two weeks is: 

Hard to Say (sympathy, belated birthday, sorry, etc.)
The sponsor is DRS Designs and you can win a fabulous prize!


I chose to make a sympathy card and it was perfect (yet unfortunate) timing as a friend just lost her mother and I will need to send this card.  I was hoping to add it to my stash to have on hand when needed.  Here it is:
I chose to work with this beautiful sympathy sentiment.  I think it would also be perfect to add to the inside of a card, but wanted to make it the focal point.  In my stamp collection, I also had this pussy willow image from DRS Designs, and I thought it made the perfect backdrop for the sentiment--a way to highlight it without detracting from it.  Other than the focal panel, the star of this show is that pink mulberry paper!  It adds so much interest and softness at the same time.  I definitely don't use it enough!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please check out the full details of the challenge and get some beautiful inspiration from the Design Team over on the Cut It Up Challenge blog.  You'll be glad you did!

Supplies:
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle (I used it to die cut the sentiment panel and to trace around to create the mulberry paper layer)

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with pattern paper
Creative Inspirations--anything goes
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2--any sketch from 2021 (I chose sketch #198)













613 Avenue Create--anything goes
Fab n Funky #543--use 2 or more patterned papers
Word Art Wednesday #528--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Krafty Chicks #596--All Occasions

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT and love the beautiful sympathy card and sentiment
Carol x

ScrappyHorses said...

Heather, your card is so beautiful! The pretty roses and pink mulberry paper are so soft and lovely; sure to bring peace! So happy you are part of our team over at Cut It Up! Welcome! ~Katrina

Chris said...

Soft peaceful colours and a beautiful and comforting sentiment, a perfect card for a difficult occasion. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n' Funky.
Chris
x

anne said...

What a lovely sentiment for a sympathy card, the beautiful soft pastels are perfect. It's a lovely take on the sketch, thank you for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and congrats on the new DT.
Anne SSW2-DT

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a superb card for a difficult time, love the sketch and papers you have used. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

OlgaB said...

This is such a lovely sympathy card in the soft grey and pink.
Thank you for joining SSW2!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Donna said...

Congrats on your new design team Heather! Your card is beautiful and peaceful.

Treva said...

Heather,

Welcome to the Cut it Up design! Beautiful card, great design; I like the soft colors.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Congrats on the DT calling! And I’m sorry you couldn’t stash this wonderful card. I agree with the start of the show: the pink popped at me along with the sentiment. Such kind words. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - DT

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Judy DT

Jackie C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie C said...

A sad occasion marked with a beautiful card.
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs . My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

Ufa88kh said...

Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, amazing content, thank you very much for sharing.
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
ប្រដាល់តាមអនឡាញ