Monday, November 29, 2021

Sparkly Christmas

 Good morning!  It's time for me to share my Pick of the Week on the House That Stamps Built blog.  I'm continuing on in my Pinterest Inspired Series.  This is the card I decided to CAS(E):

Isn't it so fun!!  I had originally thought to recreate it with the butterfly, but I decided I wanted to turn it into a Christmas card.  This is what I came up with:
I started with the text.  Since I don't have an RI stamp with just a strip of text, I had to do a little masking on the "Postcard" stamp. I lined it up using my mini MISTI and then placed masking tape over the card base leaving just a strip open for the stamping.  I embossed an intertwined circle to mimic the stitched circle on the original.  I die cut some berry sprigs out of white card stock and layered them with a very pale blue sheer ribbon.  I die cut a snowflake out of silver glitter paper and placed it over a vellum circle to help it stand out from the other elements a bit.  I needed a little something to cover the center of the snowflake where you could see a little bit of the adhesive from the other elements, so I die cut a heart out of red glittery paper.  I think it turned out quite cute and elegant.  I know it doesn't show off a lot of stamping, but I wanted to show (again) how you can "alter" your stamps to make them do what you want.  I hope it inspires you to look at your own stamps and see how you can rethink them.
Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Postcard"
Dies: Memory Box "Lindeman" snowflake; Elizabeth Craft berry sprigs and "Intertwined Circles"

Challenges:



2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great casing
Carol x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card. Love Alison xx