Monday, July 26, 2021

Blue Christmas

Good morning!! It's my turn to share my Pick of the Week for The House That Stamps Built blog.  If you've been around for a while, you know I am doing a series of cards inspired by cards I have found on Pinterest.  This week, I want to show that you can be inspired by the same card in completely different ways.  My inspiration is this card:

I really like the text circles and the CAS layout.  In June of last year, I posted a card that was inspired by this very card.  Here is that card:
Quite similar to the original inspiration card, I would say.  Well, this time as I was looking through my Pinterest board, that same card caught my eye and I was inspired in a completely different way.
Those circle text elements still really grab my eye, but this time I used "Snowflake orb" embossed in silver embossing powder and dressed up to be an ornament.  I also heat embossed the sentiment "Christmas" with the silver embossing folder.  I die cut the ornament "topper" and then used some sliver cording I had to "hang" the ornament from the top of the card.  I used a silver mat for the focal panel and finished everything off with some silver rhinestones (not clear, they are definitely silver).  You can see all that shiny embossing in the photo below.
Usually I am encouraging you to take a look at all of those cards you have pinned on Pinterest (come on, you know you have them!) and recreate something with the supplies you already have.  Today, I am encouraging you to take a look at those inspiration projects and be inspired in a completely different way!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Snowflake Orb" and "Christmas"
Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs ornament topper

Challenges:
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #126--more than one snowflake
Creative Craft Cottage #142--Christmas in July
Kat Scrappiness--monochromatic
Crafty Creations #423--anything goes


Crafty Gals Corner #221--Christmas in July
Double Trouble #89--Christmas in July (Thing #1: Christmas; Thing #3: ribbon and/or bow)
Penny's Challenge #501--anything goes
Creative Moments #219--anything goes





10 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful cards, the embossed ornament you created is beautiful! I really like your post, I have so many things pinned too and rarely use them as inspiration. Plus like you said, the same idea can end up with many different results! Thanks for sharing with us at Double.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Both cards are so pretty; but the embossed ornament is luscious. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and again Heart2Heart has lifted their CTMH requirement for this challenge and would love you to enter their challenge as well; but be quick it closes tomorrow.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Lovely card Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Debbie said...

Lots of beautiful cards Heather. I am loving your Snowflake card. The embossing is stunning and all the snowflakes are perfect for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck. Hugs Debs DT x

Heather said...

Oh wow, Heather - beautiful snowflake ornament! Blue and silver is one of my fave holiday color combos! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for playing along with the Kat Scrappiness July Card Challenge!

Sue Jackson said...

Gorgeous ornament orb! What a simply elegant card. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas challenge!

Alyson Mayo said...

That ornament card is gorgeous! I love non-traditional colours for Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Kim said...

Beautiful, simple Christmas card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

Furrbster said...

Such an elegant creation!

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz