Monday, June 1, 2020

Thanks

Hi, everyone, and welcome to June!!  Yikes, how did it get here already?  Today is my chance to show a Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions and I am continuing on in my "Inspired by Pinterest" series.  I'm hoping to inspire you to take a look at stamps you have and make them work for creating cards like ones that have inspired you.  Here is the card I was inspired by today:
Card
(It only goes to a picture, so I can't give credit where credit is due.)

I love the simplicity of this and the fun text circles.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to try it using the "Sheet Music" background stamp and the little flowers from the "Flower Power Background and Borders" collection.
To start, I created a mask by die cutting 3 circles out of a lightweight paper and taping it in place over my card base.
 After I took the photo, I ended up transferring the whole thing to my mini MISTI as it can be hard to get a good impressions using a mask and a large background stamp.  Using the MISTI lets you stamp as many times as you need to in order to get a good impression.
 I removed the mask and used the "2 inch Circle Silhouette" stamp to add a little bit of color to the circles with a pale amethyst ink.
 Then I stamped the "Flower Cluster Detail" image and the "Leaf Cluster Outline" image.  It doesn't look like much yet, but just wait.
 I colored the flowers and leaves and then used the same purple markers to scribble an ombre fade unto a piece of scrap card stock before cutting it out with a "thanks" die.
 I stamped the sentiment, "I'm so glad . . .", adhered the "thanks" die cut (I glued it to two layers of white card stock cut with the same die before adhering it to the card base), and added a bunch of clear rhinestones. 
As you can see, my card is a bit fancier than the inspiration card, but the elements that inspired me are still there.  I hope this inspires you to take a look at your Pinterest boards and find some stamps in your stash that you can use to recreate a card or two.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Sheet Music", "Flower Cluster Detail", "Leaf Cluster Outline", and "I'm so glad . . ."
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; Simon Says Stamp "Painted Thanks"

Challenges:
Crafty Gals #207--for the ladies
Word Art Wednesday #441--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Friends #136--add embellishments
Southern Girls--anything goes 
Creative Fingers #187--anything goes
YNS #140--sparkle and shine (the rhinestones are pretty sparkly!)

5 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Great card! I love that you added the steps for creating it! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

HandmadeByTasha13 said...

Lovely card!

Thank you for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments!
Good luck with the challenge, and we hope to see you back soon!

HandmadeByTasha DT

www.handmadebytasha.co.uk

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Beautiful interpretation of the pinterest project, I love the ombre die cut word and the combo if the flowers with the sheet music. thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.
Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

HandmadeCardsByGeorgia said...

Thanks for joining us over at Creative Fingers Challenge blog. Great card! Georgia DT for Creative Fingers.

Ian Ayala said...

Hello mate, great blog.