Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Dad's tools

My father-in-law is an independent tool distributor and he used to work as a mechanic, so he has a LOT of tools!  So, for his birthday, I made him this toolbox card:
 I found the idea on Pinterest and knew it was perfect for him.  He has a black toolbox, so of course, I had to make the card black.  I die cut the tools and added red handles for a pop of color.  I also die cut the letters for "DAD" out of red.  I created a little sign (as if it had been being worked on) that says "Hope your birthday has all the FIXINGS for a great day!"
He LOVED it!!  I think he even said he was going to put it on his desk.  Now, that's a compliment!

Supplies:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions stamp set that coordinates with the tool dies
Dies: Taylored Expressions "Little Bits-Tools" and "Pegboard"
Cuttlebug embossing folder

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday--it's a man thing
Sweet Stampin'--masculine/Father's Day
CardzTV #116--anything goes
Double D--use your scraps (all the tools, handles and letters were die cut from scraps as well as the pegboard and "sign")
Kat Scrappiness--all about the boys
Dare2B Artzy--masculine
Paper Funday--anything goes with the optional twist: masculine
Creatalicious #188--anything goes with the optional twist: birthdays
Dies R Us #146--It's dad's day
Scor-pal #71--anything goes or Father's Day/masculine (I used my scor-pal to score all the lines)
Double Trouble #58--Gear it Up for the guys (Thing #1: masculine; Thing #2: round {the washers/nuts and the holes in the pegboard--though I could be stretching it a bit!}; Thing #3: play with Use Your Stuff)
Use Your Stuff #399--masculine/Father's Day
Cuttlebug Mania--Dad is the best
MFT Birthday Challenge--this one is just for you (personalized)
Give a Crafter a Cookie #143--inspiration photo

12 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love your toolbox card, especially the peg board background and how you made the little drawers. It's such a perfect masculine card! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!
Melanie

Diane said...

Fabulous box card, and perfect for a 'guy', I think my son would love this card so I just might have to create one! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Glittered Paws said...

Love the Dad box card and all the tools is perfect. What great dies to have in your collection. I think your FIL will be awfully proud to have this on his desk.

Pamela said...

wow - he is so lucky to get this 3D card, who wouldn't love a card that put so much work and thought into it. Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Heather, love your toolbox... fun card and great sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Use Your Stuff.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a terrific card and even better that it was customized for your FIL. Love the little details. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Darlene said...

OMG this is awesome Heather! I can only imagine his face when he opened it! GREAT job and FABULOUS idea ... perfect for your F-I-L ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Use your Scraps’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Well this just could NOT be any more fabulous. I love the design, so creative. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Use Your Scraps Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

papercraftingprincess said...

Love the tool box card. Some people find masculine cards difficult, but I always think "what do they like" and it just comes together. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and congrats on winning over "DAD" with an honorable placement on his desk!

Lori Kobular said...

What an awesome tool box card! I love how it looks so real and it sounds perfect for our father-in-law! Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenges!

Donna Scholz said...

Super adorable, Heather!!! Love all the little details you've included. I'm sure the card will be a hit!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Deanne Saunders said...

An awesome card!!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this.
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper