Monday, December 14, 2020

Winter Wishes

It's my turn to share my Pick of the Week on The House That Stamp Built blog today.  While I am scrolling around on Pinterest, I am always looking for card designs that catch my eye, and if I can recreate that look with Repeat Impressions stamps, even better.  The card that inspired me today is this one:

I just love the composition of the branches and pinecones and the sentiment on the tag.  So, I set about to recreate it using what I had in my stamp arsenal.
I began by stamping the "Pine Needle Sil." in a similar arrangement to my inspiration card.  Since my image is actually quite large, I ended up using a marker to color only half of the image and then stamped it on my panel.  I did second generation stamping in some places to get the softer feel.   Once I had that complete, I hand drew some berry stems.  As I was typing this, I realized it would have been a good idea to use nuvo drops for the berries as they then would have had dimension and shine.  But I also would have had to wait for them to dry . . .   This is what the panel looks like:
It looks like a hot mess right now, but don't worry, it will look awesome when I'm finished.  My youngest daughter was not really impressed with it at this point either, but once I put it all together she thought it looked a whole lot better!  LOL!!  I stamped my "Pinecone" image 3 times on scrap paper, colored them and fussy cut them out.  I die cut a sizzix label to use as my tag and stamped the "Christmas" sentiment on it using some masking to get it placed how I wanted.  Before adhering everything together, I brushed some brown ink around the edges of my stamped panel and the tag to tag away some of the whiteness.  I adhered a strip of scraps strips to the left hand edge of my card and layered on a copper glitter strip before adding my finished stamped panel.

I finished everything off with a little red button tied with brown and white striped twine.  So, take a look at your inspiration cards (you know you have them) and think about how you can recreate them using what you already have on hand (or maybe some Repeat Impressions stamps you have had your eye on!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Pine Needle sil.", "Christmas" and "Pinecone"
Dies: Sizzix freebie label

Challenges:
Cardz TV #129--anything goes
Winter Wonderland--anything goes
Paper Funday #24--anything goes: Christmas/holiday
Crafty Creations #416--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #392--anything goes with snippets (my striped panel was made from little leftover scraps, my pinecones were all stamped and cut from scraps as was the tag.  And the bit of gold glitter paper was trimmed from a scrap.)
Incy Wincy--Christmas or Red/Green
Use Your Stuff #412--winter/snow/Christmas
Double Trouble #73--Die-lirious Holiday Season (Thing #1: favorite cutting tool--definitely my sizzix Big Shot; Thing #3: patterned paper and/or tie it up)
Penny's #486--anything goes
Creative Moment's #204--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #520--anything goes with the optional twist: use the word "Merry"


14 comments:

brenda said...

You have created such an elegant Christmas card, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our December challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

B x

Esther Asbury said...

What an elegant pine spray on your pretty Christmas card! I love the strip of patchwork paper down the side too! Beautiful!!

Leanne Harris said...

Your take on this card turned out beautifully Heather - thank you so much for sharing it with us on the We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge xxxxx

Donna Scholz said...

Great job, Heather! Your lovely card is proof that inspiration cards are a great source of ideas that you can build on! I like yours even better than the inspiration version!!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents and tips with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Kathleen said...

A really super card with great images and design. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at 'We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Thanks for sharing the technique you used for your pine needles and berries, and it's a unique in itself and would have made a CAS pretty card. And then wow, magic with a few dimensional pinecones and border. Again, thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and you have met our partner's requirement as well so don't forget to share with Bitten By The Bug.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This turned out gorgeous and love the bright border. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Suze said...

Great card Heather. A lovely take on the card you cased. I like the pretty border that you created on the edge with the scraps. Thank you for entering the Use The Word Merry Challenge at CHNC.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! Both the original and your recreation are lovely. I also like the composition.


Cheryl (SheStamps)
Visit my blog - She Stamps

Di said...

I love this super card Heather - it would have been perfect for the challenge. But, sadly. you entered into well over more than a total of 10 challenges. I haven't checked my comments but do hope you weren't playing for the prize as this disqualifies you. I feel mean but have to stick to the rules from now on - sob. x

Hugs

Di xx

Kellianne said...

Your interpretation of the inspiration card is fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Double Trouble :)

Donna Walls said...

Your version of the inspiration card is lovely, great job! Thanks for joining the challenge at The Paper Funday and Happy New Year! Donna, DT

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge too.

Helen x