Saturday, December 5, 2020

Merry Christmouse

It's Saturday!!  That means it's time for another challenge from Di's Digi Designs.
The challenge this time is: Winter Holidays
And here is my card for your inspiration:
I love this image and I use it quite often.  I usually color it up in traditional colors: red poinsettias and a little gray mouse.  This time, I wanted to try something  a little different and wanted to try coloring a white poinsettia and a white mouse.  While the poinsettias didn't come out quite how I intended, I do really like how it turned out.  It's a different look for a familiar image.  I pulled out some fun, non-Christmas paper to highlight the colors.  Then I stamped a light gray sentiment as I didn't want to draw too much attention to it; wanted the focus to stay on the image.  I sprinkled around some clear drops for interest and decided they sort of look like snowflakes softly floating down.  I wanted to add glitter to the edges of the leaves, so I used a gold glitter Spectrum Noir pen to trace around the edges.  You can see more of the sparkle in the photo below.

I hope you will get a chance to play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.  And make sure you hop over to the Di's Digital Designs blog to see what the rest of the team has made for this challenge.

Supplies: 
Stams: Di's Digi Stamps "Poinsettia Mouse" digi; Verve "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment
Dies: MFT Stitched scalloped border and "Blueprints 25" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Aud Sentiments #265--anything goes
Creative Fingers #198--anything goes
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Crimbo Crackers #221--anything goes
Cardz TV #129--anything goes
Crafty Catz #530--anything goes with the optional twist: Say it with flowers
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Divas That Cut--anything goes
Dies R Us #158--Christmas
Sheepski Designs #45--feature a creature
Christmas with the Cuties #44--feature a creature
Winter Wonderland--anything goes
Paper Funday #24--anything goes with the optional twist: Christmas/holiday


10 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Oh, this so darn cute-lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Heather, what a cute mouse, and I think the non-traditional colors and sparkly gold look great! Thank you for joining the Paper Funday Challenge.
Melanie

Arlene said...

Such a sweet card and I love the focus on the image. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our December "Anything Goes" challenge.

Darlene said...

Awe ... this is so, so sweet! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Aunty Sue said...

I love this image and you have used it beautifully. Thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card Heather! Love it!

Crea Astrid said...

Een prachtige kaart met een schattige digi. Leuk om de poinsettia eens in een heel andere kleur te zien.

Fijn weekend.

Lieve groetjes, Astrid.

Catie Cuddles said...

Such a sweet card. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Leslie said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the lighter poinsettia leaves and mouse! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Sari / Granne said...

Such a cute image and love your sparkling poisettia. Thank you for joining our "feature a creature"-challenge at SheepSki Designs, I hope to see you in our new challenge also. Happy new year 2021!