Saturday, August 1, 2020

Blessed to Have You

A new month has arrived and that means a new challenge from the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is For the Kids.

And here are the cards I created:
I have 3 kiddos, so I had to make 3 cards, right?  I can't just make a card for one of them.  The first one is for my middle little.  She LOVES monkeys, so it was a no brainer to use this adorable set from Sugar Pea Designs.  I think the two little monkeys are supposed to be "in love", but can also work for a mama lovin' her kid.  I created the background by ink blending with Distress Oxides.  I stamped a small grass stamp across the "grass" area in the same ink for a very subtle  texture.
The second card is for my youngest little.  I think these little otters are the cutest and I think she'll like them, too.
I used  a really fun wave coverplate die from Hero Arts.  First I ink blended some Distress Oxides on a panel and then die cut it with the die.  I layered it over a light blue card stock to really highlight the waves.  The wave slits created the perfect resting place for the cut mama and her sweet baby!  I added some gold glitter pen to the little fishies to give them some sparkle.  You can see it really well in the photo below:
The last card is for my oldest little (who is definitely not little anymore!).  She love riding four-wheelers and is in charge of mowing our lawn and taking care of the garden.  So, I added a few "mud" splatters to the background.  She's not girly and is getting a little old for the "cutesie" so, I went with the smart phone (which looks pretty similar to hers) and added some fun star confetti for embellishment.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Head on over to the LTSCB blog to see what the rest of the team has created and to get the full details of the challenge.  Then get inky and play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies:
Card #1:
Stamps: Sugar Pea Designs "Cheeky Monkeys"; PaperTray Ink "Way to Go, Kiddo" sentiments; Repeat Impressions "Grass"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 25" stitched rectangle
Card #2:
Stamps: MFT "BB Otterly Love You"; PaperTrey Ink "Way to Go, Kiddo" sentiments
Dies: Hero Arts "Waves and Sea Confetti" die
Card #3:
Stamps: Your Next Stamp "Large Splatters"; PaperTrey Ink "Way to Go, Kiddo" sentiments
Dies: MFT smartphone dies
Kat Scrappiness star confetti

Challenges:
The Paper Shelter--anything goes
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #450--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Little Red Wagon #560--give us your background
Krafty Chicks #518--anything goes
Cardz TV #120--anything goes

3 comments:

Brenda said...

What a wonderful blended background you have created for mamma monkey and her baby. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

sallysbitz2 said...

You have created three fab cards. I bet your kids love them x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Nance said...

A great trio of kid cards! Love those otters, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge for our ATG week!