Monday, February 24, 2020

Love letters

It's my turn to share my Pick of the Week for The House That Stamps Built.  I was inspired by another card I found on Pinterest:
I just loved those little patterned envelopes and how they were used as a border for the card!  Repeat Impressions has the most adorable little envelope: "Love Letter".  I definitely had it in mind when I saw my inspiration card.  And here is my card:
I stamped the envelopes on little scraps of my favorite paper pack and cut them out with scissors.  TIP: if you want  your fussy cut images to look fabulous, take a black marker (NOT an alcohol marker, those can bleed!) and just run it around the edges of your image.  It covers up any spot where you might not have cut perfectly along the lines.  I stacked them up and used nuvo drops in dark pink and light pink to add dimensional hearts on the envelopes.  I used the 'love' from "Love Stencil" and a die cut 'you' to create the sentiment.  The dotted heart was in my bits and pieces stash and I finished everything off some more Nuvo drops.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Love Letter" and "Love Stencil"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; Simon Says Stamp "You"; Sweet n' Sassy Stamps small heart

Challenges:
Through the Purple Haze #164--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Love To Craft Challenge #43--anything goes
Cheerful Sketches--sketch

Crafty Calendar--use dies and punches
Sheepski Designs #32--hearts and/or flowers
Power Poppy Creative Confetti--inspired by a song (I was inspired by the song "Please, Mr. Postman" by the Marvelettes)

Paper Funday #14--anything goes with the optional twist: Valentine's Day
Sweet Stampers #41--hearts and/or flowers
Crafty Gals #204--add a heart
Cupcake Inspirations #487--love/Valentine's Day

Simon Says Wednesday--add a sentiment
Little Red Wagon #537--Have a heart

11 comments:

Mia said...

Great card and a lovely sketch.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Crafty Calendar
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Imke said...

Ohh i love the paper pieced envelopes and the colors are very nice.
Thanks for joining our "Have a Heart" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Wendy Bellino said...

Pinterest is a great source of inspiration and I love your interpretation! Thank you for sharing your artwork with us at Cupcake Inspirations Heather! Wendy DT

Dorlene Durham said...

This card is so fun. I love using the patterned papers under the envelope stamp. Very nice. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Margreet said...

That must have been a great job to stamp and fussy cut all envelopes. But I love the end result.
Thanks for using Cheerful Sketches' sketch.
xxx Margreet

Julie Koerber said...

These cards are about as cute as they come!!! Totally love the images and the papers you used!

Cara said...

What an awesome card! I love that idea ... lol .. now I need to see if I have any envelope stamps! Thank you so much for entering our February Challenge at SheepSki Designs. Good Luck!
Cara, SheepSki Design Team
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Dreja said...

Ein fabelhaftes Werk. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful card, you've inspired me with those little envies! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna - DT Member

Kuni said...

What a fantastic card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Kim said...

Love the envelopes as a border. Great idea. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.