Saturday, February 15, 2020

Bee Mine

This is the Valentine's Day card for my oldest daughter.  I finished it just in time!  She is not a fan of pink, so I mostly used other colors and snuck in just a little bit of pink.  I pulled out a set I have not used in a long time--"Sweet & Cool".  I thought of it after I saw these fun bee and honeycomb papers.
 Now, I know it doesn't look at that exciting at first, but when you pull the little ribbon tag, this sweet little bee pops out!
 Isn't he so sweet!!??  I know she is going to love this!
The little dotted heart was in my bits and pieces stash and I used a bit of ribbon left over from the tag to give it a little flare.  I even found two heart brads in my stash and put them to good use.

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS "Sweet & Cool"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" tag and "Double Slider Loop Slots" for the slider mechanism; Sweet n' Sassy Stamps small heart
Taylored Expressions "Set the Scene: Clouds" stencil

Challenges:
Hand Stamped Sentiments #332--sketch

Pattie's Creations #167--love, love, love
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Die Cut Divas--hearts and flowers
Brown Sugar #298--anything goes
Penny Black--animals, birds, butterflies
Creative Craft Cottage #126--add a heart
Crafty Creations #406--anything goes
Crafter's Cafe #236--use pink and/or red
Penny's Challenge #464--anything goes
Fab n Funky--love, love, love
The Paper Shelter #414--with a sentiment
Crafty Gals #204--add a heart
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--2 or more patterned papers
Art Impressions Stamps #276--movers and shakers


15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great interactive card and love the little Bees
Carol x

Fiona said...

Great interactive card - I'm sure your daughter loved it - a great use of our sketch - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

Patsy Long said...

Really sweet card. Love the design. So glad you joined our Paper Shelter challenge- Patsy

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh I bet she loved this!! Super papers and the little bee is a wonderful surprise!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Lena said...

Sooo cute!! Love this!! Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week, good luck! Hug Lena

Arlene said...

That BEE is so darn cute and I love how you can put the little ribbon tag to bring it up to see. So glad you joined us for the February Die Cut Divas' challenge.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

What a Cute Bee card for valentine. Lisa
Brown Sugar #298 - Anything Goes

Cindy C. said...

Super cute interactive card!! Thanks for joining us this February at Die Cut Divas.

cass said...

Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

cass said...

Back for anothe rlook at your pretty card. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Bella Création (Iza) said...

lovely card :)
Thank you for joigning us at the Brown Sugar Challenge and good luck!
Iza DT

Vic said...

Aww...what a fab card! I love the little bee popping out idea! The papers you used are lovely too... Thanks for sharing this with us this challenge, at Patties Creations - ViC (D.T) xx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love papers and heart! Beautiful sketch interpreation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Pattie G said...

Cute Image! This goes perfect with our current challenge “Love, Love, Love” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!