Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Spring Flowers

I've been going through my patterned paper stash very slowly  (like one color at a time, here and there) and in my yellow stack, I found this card base that I have had for ever!  Someone had given me a bunch of bits and pieces of cards years ago and a lot of them I haven't really known what to do with.  This was one of those, but I finally decided I would give it a go.  My grandmother came down with my parents to visit us last weekend, as she left a bookmark stuck in our couch.  I'm sure it's nothing very important but this long card will be perfect for sending it back to her, specially since her favorite color is yellow.  Everything was already die cut, so I colored the daffodils and punched them out of their frames.  I added yellow patterned paper topped with vellum (to soften the pattern) behind the squares and then used the frames of the flower to position the flowers on top of the vellum.
 I finished everything off with a sweet sentiment and some yellow rhinestones.  The card came with a matching envelope so I stamped a daffodil on the outside.  I'm so glad I finally found a way to use this card base.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Essential Sentiments"; PTI "Year of Flowers: Collection"

Challenges:
Crafts Galore #62--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #424--anything goes
Creative Knockouts #292--anything goes
Southern Girls--frame it
Sweet Stampin--anything with the optional twist: mellow yellow "spring"

5 comments:

Monica C. said...

Your card is so pretty Heather. It is so nice when finally inspiration strikes to use something in our stash. The bright yellows make the card so happy looking.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Fiona said...

Such a pretty card - I'm sure lots of us don't use yellow enough - I'm sure she will love this as much as her bookmark and may even use it as one. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin and following the Yellow theme.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, that's lovely! This is just perfect for our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us. Hope you'll come back and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo SS DT

Jackie C said...

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ ttph

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

What a beautiful Spring card which I'm sure that your Grandmother will love. Thank you for taking part in the April "Love To Craft Challenge Blog". DT Sam x