Thursday, February 21, 2019

Frosty Christmas

I've been leaving my (quickly decreasing) bits and pieces stash out on my desk so I can keep looking through it and keep the pieces fresh in my mind.  So, when I see a sketch the one of those pieces will go with, I can jump right on it.  This is how this card came about: I saw the sketch and almost instantly thought of this piece of ribbon that was in the bits and pieces stash.  I wasn't thinking pink at first, but as I was looking through a paper pack I came across this scrap of pink and all I had to do was trim down the width of it, which I used to paper piece the little snowman's cute hat and scarf.  I colored the snowman with colored pencils and gave him some snowball sequins to juggle.  So cute!

Supplies:
Stamps: Your Next Stamp "Holiday Snow Globe" snowman; Verve "Merry & Bright"

Challenges:
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #44--anything Christmas goes
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'--anything Christmas goes
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round--carols & songs (Frosty the Snowman)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Stinkin' Inkers--baby it's cold outside
Merry Little Christmas #7--anything goes
Moving Along with the Times #91--a little shabby chic
Crimbo Crackers #178--anything Christmas goes
Cardz TV #83--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #346--anything goes with snippets (the ribbon and the patterned paper--both scraps)
Make My Monday #90--make it krafty
Fab n Funky #428--Christmas
Mod Squad--brand name clear or rubber stamps (I used both: unmounted rubber by YNS and clear stamp by Verve)
Little Red Wagon #485--baby it's cold outside
CAS(E) This Sketch #310--sketch

17 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Girl you are killing me with the darling Christmas/winter cards. Love snow men and love how you have him juggling.

Dawn Phillips said...

What an adorable snowman. He makes a lovely card. Thanks for joining us a Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Heather, adorable little snowman juggling his sequins! The colours are beautiful together and great use of your bits and pieces.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Chris
x

Imke said...

Very sweet card. Love the colors !

Gail said...

Love me a snowman and this is surely sweet! TFS at Mod Squad

Johanna said...


Sweet Christmas card and you are already ahead of the game for December.

Kate said...

Such a sweet card! I love your clever sequin arrangement too! That's just too cute!!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Marie Bingaman said...

So super cute, Heather! I love your color choices, and of course, the adorable snowman! Thanks for joining us at CCAYR! :)

~Marie B -DT

Wendy L said...

So sweet, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Di said...

Aw Heather, this really is so cute! And so clever using the little shirt buttons as snowballs. I have a button box full of those from the days when I cut buttons off old shirts. Before the days of thrift/charity stores and recycling being my first port of call when getting rid of unwanted clothes. Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card, great image, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your design here - the image, the colours...brilliant!!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Redapple39 said...

Really cute card. Thats a great idea!

Renee H.

Tracey T said...

This is a fabulous alternative colour combo for Christmas designs. Thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Cazro said...

Oh! this is a beautiful fun card, I love the design and the pink looks fabulous against the Kraft. Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday challenges. Caz. DT.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh what a clever plan to keep the stash nearby you want to use up! I love what this inspired you to create and those lil' sequin snowballs he's juggling, inspired!! Such an original and gorgeous Christmas creation! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month. We're so happy you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so fun, your paper pieced little snowman with his juggling snowballs. Thanks for joing us over at the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.