Saturday, April 5, 2014

It's your day

I made the perfect birthday card for my dad!  Perfect because he loves to sit in his recliner and watch TV and even more perfect because my siblings and I bought him a new TV for his birthday.  Perfect, I tell you!
 Here's the inside.  The sentiment cracks me up and I think the remote controller is so cute!
 And now for something even cuter.  If you want you can skip this part, but if you want pure sweetness, then, read on.  While I was making my card, one of my 5 year olds wanted to make a card, too.  So I helped her a bit, but she did all the stamping and coloring and picked out the papers (mostly because I used those papers, too.)  Here is her card:
 Then, I had to go out for a while and left Daddy in charge of things.  So, since one twin had made a card, the other wanted to make a card, too.  Completely unsupervised and unassisted, she made this card:  All hand cut by the way, they don't know how to use the paper trimmer, thank God!
 And I guess she decided it was such a success that she made a second one.  And look 3 different sheets of patterned paper (that I bought myself for Christmas by the way) mutilated, I mean, cut into.  But it is really cute, and she actually picked papers that went well together.  And you can't tell, but there are about 4 layers of flowers all popped up on pop dots.
Aren't these cards just the cutest things??!!  Remember, they are only 5 years old.

Challenges:
Raisin Boat #21--It's a guy thing
Paper Nest Dolls #7--anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania--make us smile
Loves Rubberstamps #91--anything goes
Twisted Tuesday #73--inspiration photo with a twist: make us laugh (my inspiration was the harlequin pattern on his costume and the blue color; plus masculine)

One Crazy Stamper--anything goes (no digi stamps)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes as long as it is covered with patterned paper
Word Art Wednesday #126--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
My Favorite Things #170--sketch


Supplies:
Stamps: Raisin Boat "It's a Guy Thing"
Papers: Recollections (Michael's brand) used on all the cards
Dies: spellbinders A2 matting basics rectangles


10 comments:

Linda said...

OH really really cool card. Than you for joining the challenge at Raisin Boat this month with your "It's a Male thing"

Nikki Stalker said...

Great cards. Love your paper piecing on the first one. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

Tracie said...

Perfect cards for our challenge over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges. Your sentiments really made me smile. Thanks for playing along with us.

Lori Turner said...

I agree! Perfect "funny" cards for our challenge this week at Twisted Tuesday! WTG!

Kerry said...

Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining in with our Make us Smile challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

Miss NiceRoad said...

So cute! Thanks for playing with the Papernest Dolls :)

Lizzie R said...

My little girls live making cards too. It's always fun to see your perfect for a project papers turned into kids craft central-and very often on daddy's watch! ;) tee hee!
Great cards (yours and the kids!). Thanks for joining us over at Teisted Tuesday Challenges!

Majo said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at TWISTED TUESDAY CHALLENGES!

Lynne said...

Fabulous and fun card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x