Friday, April 25, 2014

Christmas Carols

Happy Friday!  Time for another challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.  This week, it could be easy OR hard, depends on your cardmaking style. : )  Anyway, the challenge is: use ribbon as your only embellishment.  The sponsor this week is Broken Box Stock and I got to use this cute image called "Caroling Toodles".  Here's my card:

I went with a rather untraditional color scheme again this week.  It was inspired by the piece of green paper on the card base.  It was the only piece big enough to cover a card base. : ) At least in the stack of paper I was working with.  So, I went with it.  And I even managed to use a bit of ribbon from my bits and pieces stash: the green on the right side of the main panel.  I've been slacking off on using up that stash, so I was happy to be able to work something in this time.  Now it's time to hop on over to the CSAYL blog, check out the rest of the DT projects and then play along.

Challenges:
Twisted Tuesdays #74--I need your Paperwork (use at least 3 dps and the twist: writing or doodling--I doodled the black line around my image and added some little "snowflakes" to the image)
Wags 'n' Whiskers #127--lots of layers
Christmas @ Sweet Stamping--glitter, glitter everywhere (the green paper has glitter around the blue circles, I used glitter pen on different parts of my image and the small snowflake in the bottom corner is covered with glitter)
The Squirrel & The Fox #68--use die cuts or punches
Scrap Creations--anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown #192--lots of sparkle
Party Time Tuesdays #169--anything goes
Christmas Challenges with Sketches #120--sketch (they ask for the sketch not to be posted)

Supplies:
Stamps: Broken Box Stock "Caroling Toodles"; Verve "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders standard circles, large; Sweet 'n' Sassy snowflake die

14 comments:

Fabiola said...

jolies couleurs pastelles pour une très jolie carte, biz

Gail said...

Adorable image! OMGosh they are so cute! And I love your coloring, too! Nice layout and use of paper and ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month and hope to see you again! Hugs, Gail

Tracie said...

Beautiful card. Love your papers and that doodling is so cute. Perfect for the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 173 - hope to see you again soon x

Eemeli said...

Wow! That is a one hilarious image (haven't seen it before...)! Love the color scheme and it is such a great take on our CCWS-sketch too.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Heather....I love, love, love the color scheme of this card! Absolutely fantastic!
Hugs,
Tracey

Bernardine Cuttino said...

So fun holiday card. Extraordinary card with a beautiful design and fab image. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Lizzie R said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Crafting Vicky said...

very cute little card! Love the non traditional colors you have used for this.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Wags ‘n whiskers. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

Lynne said...

Fabulous Christmas card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

Majo said...

So cute. I love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Unknown said...

This is so cute. Love all the circles behind the image and the colors you used. Thanks for playing along at the Crafter's Cafe.

Rosmarie said...

This is an adorable little scene, Heather! I love all the little elements and the colors you have used! Simply gorgeous!
I'm sorry to reply so late, but the circumstances have not been very good lately!
Despite the delay, I want to say thank you for your nice comment, and how much I appreciated!
Have a wonderful May 1
Rosi x

Anonymous said...

Do you have any video of that? I'd want to find
out some additional information.

My homepage :: pediatric dentist coverage