Friday, October 7, 2022

A long, long time ago

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: BIG (use a big image or a big sentiment, or maybe even a big card.


And our fabulous sponsor is:
Oddball Art

Here is my card for your inspiration:

I chose this image from Oddball Art quite a while ago.  I chose it in honor of my twins as they have become Star Wars fans over the last two years.  When COVID hit, my brother-in-law moved back home from New York City, because it was better to be locked down in the country with family than alone in the city.  Since there wasn't much else to do at the beginning, we started a family event of watching the Stars Wars movies together and then transitioned into watching some of the different TV series.  Most of us trickled out after a while, but the twins still get together almost every Friday night to watch Star Wars with their Uncle.  It's been a really great chance for them to get to know him and spend time with him.  So, I decided I would print out Princess Leia really large and let her be the dominating element on my card.  I started by creating a nighttime, galaxy inspired background using Old Paper, Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concord, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot Distress Oxides and blending brushes.  I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and after letting it dry for a bit, I stamped the "Time Warp" image with white pigment ink to give the feeling of movement.  Then I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.  In retrospect, I probably should have used a different color as it doesn't stand out very much.  To continue the silver theme, I die cut several tiny silver stars and scattered them across the background.  I added Leia with some foam tape and, done!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Oddball Art "Image 301" (it may be retired because I don't see it in the Etsy Shop) image; Neat And Tangled "Time Warp" and "A Long Time Ago"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 25" stitched rectangle; Stamps of Life stars

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday--Stitch It (I used a stitching die)
Penny's Challenge #531--anything goes
Cards Galore #104--anything goes
Crafty Friends #160--more than one die

5 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

This is so fun and the perfect background and sentiment! Makes a BIG impression on me! ;) Katrina

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a nice story behind the choice of image for your card! Great job on the background too. Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks!

Pat said...

Lovely card with a great image and beautiful colours, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

Koyel Saha Chatterjee said...

Love the background.. Thank you so much for your participation in CRAFTS GALORE ENCORE challenge.. ❤️DT KOYEL

Vic said...

I just love this card - and that background is amazing and fits beautifully! Thanks for entering this into our challenge at Patties Creations - Vic, dt. x