Friday, September 9, 2022

Congrats

  Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: So Proud

And our fabulous sponsor is:
The Cutting Cafe

Here is my card for your inspiration:
We were given these fabulous cut-files to use.  I chose to use the foldable base and the layers.  Since I don't have an electronic cutting device, I had to hand-cut ALL of these pieces.  About half way through the card base (which I did first), I was really starting to rethink my life choices!  But I powered through and I am glad I did, because it really did turn out fabulous!  I cut the card base and the top layer out of black card stock.  I cut the middle layer with a gold glitter cardstock.  I used the base layer and then trimmed just inside the lines to make it slightly smaller than the base.  I stamped the graduation cap and diploma, colored them and fussy cut them out.  Soooooo much fussy cutting on this one!  I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with a banner.  I also added some black glitter die cut stars which you can see much better in real life.  You can see them better in the photo below:
I had to use the stars to cover up some adhesive mishaps, but no one will ever know, except you!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Take Note" sentiment; Repeat Impressions  cap and diploma
Dies: Lawn Fawn "Double Slider Surprise" banner die
The Cutting Cafe "Congrats Shaped Card" cutting file

Challenges:
Crafting Happiness #181--add a sentiment
Word Art Wednesday #560--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #529--anything goes
Cards Galore #103--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Paper Funday #45--anything goes with the optional twist: thinking of you

6 comments:

Treva said...

Love what you did with the shaped SVG file, great colors!

Donna Walls said...

Great cut and card design, so versatile. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Janis Lewis said...

Great congrats card! Love cut out shape of it. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

Chris said...

This looks fantastic! The result is worth all the time-consuming hand- cutting.Thank you for playing along with our ‘anything goes’ challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
X

Gerda said...

this card is beautiful!! Love the pretty gold paper you used!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Carole J said...

You did a fabulous job of hand cutting this card - Bravo! :)
Lovely design and certainly a card to be treasured.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations