Thursday, May 12, 2022

Mother's Day

I'm a little late in posting this, but this is the Mother's Day card I made for my mother-in-law.  Here favorite color is purple, and what pairs better with purple than green?  So I started with that color combo and went from there.  I started by stamping these gorgeous flowers from Altenew's "Beautiful Days" set.  The layering stamps are fabulous and quite easy to line up (thought I did have a bit of trouble lining up the outline stamp) and I used a coordinated group of purple inks from Altenew so they match perfectly!  Then I pulled out my "Guide Lines" stamp set from Papertrey Ink and created the background using the same purples as the flowers and adding some green for contrast.  I finished it off with a sentiment from Verve and added a smattering of purple pearls.  I stamped the outline of the flower image in purple on the envelope.  You can see it in the photo below.
For the inside, I added a "Mother's Day" sentiment and stamped the flower outline image again with one of the lighter purple inks.  And there it is, ready to go!


Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew "Beautiful Days"; Papertrey Ink "Guide Lines" and "Tucked In: Mother"; Verve "Love Deepens"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle and banner die

Challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations #543--Mother's Day/Someone Special (feminine)


 






Try Stampin' On Tuesday #554--sketch with the optional twist: floral







Dies R Us #192--anything goes with dies DRU sells (I used MFT dies)
Unicorn Challenge #76--pearls/bling
Sheepski Designs #62--for the girlz
We Love Stamping--for a lady (or girl)
Creatalicious #234--anything goes with the optional twist: Mother's Day
Word Art Wednesday #543--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #521--anything goes
YNS #183--flower power
Paper Funday #41--anything goes with the optional twist: family (mother-in-law)
Dare 2B Artzy--flowers
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: mother, may, I
Incy Wincy--die cut or punch

11 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Heather, what a beautiful card for your MIL! I'm sure she loved it!! My MIL's favorite color is purple, too, so I know how challenging it can be to come up with a different card each Mother's Day and Birthday. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday once again!!! -Donna

brenda said...

You have used such a pretty colour palette for such a lovely floral creation, many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Stamping May challenge.

B x

Linby said...

This is beautiful both in colours and sentiments. Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful card and color combo, Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card! Lovely colors and sentiment. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create's May, "Anything Goes with a Twist/Mother's Day Slimline Card" Challenge.

Donna said...

Stunning card and beautiful sentiment Heather. Hope all is well with you.

Heather said...

So pretty, Heather - I love all the purple, and cool shapes! Such a sweet sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Dena J said...

What a lovely background for those stunning flowers! I admire your ability with layering stamps. I find them so challenging. Thank you for joining the sketch challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Nora Noll said...

You used my favorite flower set of all time!! I love the background!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
CIC DT Member

Anna said...

What a pretty card. I love the beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Gail said...

So beautiful ~ thanks for dropping off your art at WAW - best wishes in the Draw! Gail Scott DT Word art Wednesday