Thursday, August 26, 2021

Sea it's your birthday

 I created this background a while ago.  I was playing with distress inks mixed with some water and blotted the leftovers onto some water color paper and this was the result.  It  reminded me of splashes of water so when I saw some water-themed challenges this week, I knew I had to play along!  This card is what I came up with.  Isn't it cute!!??


Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Friends with Fins" whale, little fish and spout; YNS "Sea Creatures Sentiments" sentiment
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Use Your Stuff #429--water/beach
Try Stampin' On Tuesday #520--Ink splatter (get messy) and/or sketch









Pattie's Creations #184--beach/under the sea
Die Cut Divas--watercolor (real or faux)
Sheepski Designs #153--Let's be cute
Creative Craft Cottage #413--no patterned paper
Simon Says Stamp Monday--spritz & splatter
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes

7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute whale and perfect background you created
Carol x

Heather said...

Such a sweet whale! Way to go using that background paper - serendipity!! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Pattie G said...

What a cute card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Beach/Under the Sea”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

Jenn Borjeson said...

I absolutely love this card! Great background, super cute!

Marjolein said...

What a fun card! Thank you for joining us at TSOT with this entry! Marjolein

libbystamps said...

Aw, so cute! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge 520!

Jackiekg said...

Yes it is a cute card, and I love the background,
Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations
Design Challenge.